John - Bentmut's curse

'And she wants us to meet her in there?' Asked John, looking at Sherlock with a questioning face. 'Well, yes, the note confirms it. Would you like to read it again?' John nodded and Sherlock handed him the note. I read along over his shoulder.

Dearest detective Sherlock Holmes,

Please come and meet me in the British Museum, I will be there walking around. You can recognise me by my yellow handbag and white shoes. Please, only bring your two friends, no other persons should be involved.

'Hmmm... so the British museum it is.' I said. 'And she left no name or anything?' Sherlock shook his head. 'How do we know that it's a she then?' Asked John. I pointed at the note. 'Look at that handwriting, no man writes like that. Plus, have you ever seen a man with a yellow handbag and white shoes?' John smiled. 'Right. Okay, let's go then. We don't want her to walk around for ages. She might be in danger.'

'I thought we would finally choose some photos for the album!' I protested. I had seen a photo album in one cute store and bought it, hoping to fill it with our photos. John and I already had some photos of the two of us, but Sherlock never appeared on a picture.

'We'll have time for that later, we should leave at once.' Said Sherlock, reluctant about the album and everything that had to do with it.

We were on the brink of departure, Sherlock had grabbed his coat and John put the deerstalker on his friends head, when I suddenly sighed deeply. 'What's wrong?' Asked Sherlock.

'I do hope she isn't on the Egyptian part of the museum, that one is really freaky.'

John shuddered. 'Yeah, neither do I. I rather won't be anywhere around those ancient Egyptians. Honestly Sherlock, if you go there, I won't follow you.'

Sherlock rolled his eyes in annoyance. 'We don't have time for your foolish fear right now, we need to get to the museum quickly.' John nodded his head. 'Just not to the Egyptian part, okay? You don't know what happened there.' Sherlock sighed. 'Alright, go on and tell me if you really need to.' I doubtingly looked at John. 'Should we?' John slowly nodded.

'He asked for it.'

Sherlock became even more annoyed but listened to what John and I said.

'Once, there was an Egyptian lady who loved a mighty pharaoh. She went to the pharaoh every day and offered him many gifts, every day one. The lady thought that he enjoyed her presence, but he was a selfish fool and only loved the riches the lady gave him. She was a witch and conjured the most beautiful things for her crush. But once the lady, convinced of the pharaoh's love, came without a gift and the greedy pharaoh went mad. He wanted to kill her and sent his guards after her. She escaped his wrath but would never be the same. She punished the greedy people by making a beautiful sarcophagus with a text on it. It said: "More riches are inside." And all the greedy people opened the coffin to see the riches but instead saw her open eyes and were taken away to a world where there is only punishment. The lady's name is Bentmut and her sarcophagus is in the British museum.'

Sherlock laughed out loud. 'And you believe those kinds of stories? Pathetic.' I protested. 'They're true! Here, watch this.' I showed him some articles that I had found on the internet. I gave Sherlock my phone and he read the headlines. "Two men disappeared in Egyptian section", that proves nothing. Let's go, leave this madness. I had expected more from a soldier and a fellow-genius.'

We took a cab and went to the museum. John and I looked frequently at each other, worrying.

We entered the museum and walked around, looking for the girl who wrote to us. We split up, and John and I told Sherlock not to go to the Egyptians. We all went our own ways, but John and I found each other quickly. 'And, did he believe it?' I asked John who nodded at me. 'I think he actually did. Living so long with him has advantages, you know. I think we're expert liars now.' I chuckled. 'Maybe, I hope we succeeded...' John smiled. 'We will, don't you worry. Oh I can't wait to see his face! Finally revenge!' I giggled. 'Well John, it's time to disappear, love.' He nodded, kissed me goodbye and left with the words "I will be in the world where there is only punishment, if you need me. And I'll pass Bentmut your regards."