Moriary one shot x reader - no one ever gets to me

Our laughs and footsteps were the only sounds in the streets, which is rare in such a noisy city like London. But now we were completely alone. Just him and me. I leaned on him since I couldn't stand anymore, losing my balance every time because of my laughing. 'Oh, but you should have seen his face after I said that!' Jim chuckled. 'Shame you weren't there but it looked something like this.' I looked at him as he imitated the look the man had had and burst out in laughing again. Jim couldn't catch me in time so there I was, on the ground. I couldn't stand up myself because of my week knees so Jim dragged me up my feet again. 'I can carry you if you want me to.' He offered. 'No, don't worry. I can walk myself.' I replied. 'Really?' He asked, quite amused. 'Let's see about that.'

And he spun me around and around until I didn't know what was up and what down anymore. I protested while laughing but Jim didn't stop. Just before I was sure I'd throw up, he stopped and let me walk. Naturally, I couldn't keep my balance but Jim caught me this time. 'Changed your mind?' He whispered in my ear. He wanted to kiss me but I moved my head. 'Not now, there are people watching.' I said. 'There's no one around here!' He protested and put me on my feet again. I nodded behind us and there was a man standing in the middle of the path, just five steps away from us. He seemed to pay more attention to his phone than the world around him and stood still on the very spot. 'He's not even –' Jim protested but I placed my finger at my lips. 'I don't trust him.' I said. 'Let's go home.' He nodded, not laughing anymore now utterly serious,  and let me lean on him as we walked. 

'You've become quite suspicious lately. It's probably just a man like many in this city.' Jim said. 'Hmmm. Look, he's walking again.' He was indeed walking. Still around five steps away from us and every time I got the change to look behind me he was five steps away. I stopped walking and pretended to tie my imaginary shoe laces. And yes, the man stopped walking too. He looked at his phone again but I didn't buy it anymore. I watched the man's lips and he spoke to the phone and read one word that made my eyes widen: 'police'

'Jim.' I said. 'Yes dear?' 'He knows who you are.' I said and searched the man's clothes with my eyes and discovered the form of a badly hidden gun. 'We should go, quickly.' I said and looked at Jim's amazed face. 'Go!' I took his hand and ran off, stumbled twice and looked behind to see the man running after us. I must admit, I've never been a real quick runner but this time I ran ever faster than Jim. We rushed through the streets and I randomly picked the streets to run in. I had never seen this part of London so we must have come quite a way. Jim now picked a street and pulled me in. He placed his finger on his lips so I tried to stay as quiet as possible but knew that my loud breathing would probably give us away. I could have sworn that man could hear my heartbeat as he walked passed us, looking around in frustration. 

I stayed close to Jim, trying to get my breathing normal and not to faint. It was dark in this alley, so I held on to something I believed to be Jim's upper arm and stared at the man who kept standing two feet away from us. I wondered why he didn't leave. Suddenly, flashlights were shining right at us and dazzled me. I heard a helicopter above us. 'Do not move. Put your hand in the air and get on your knees!' A harsh voice commanded. I couldn't move from anxiousness and tightened my grip on his upper arm which began to show red places. 'I don't understand.' Jim said beaten. 'No one ever gets to me...' I looked at the many soldiers that pointed machine guns at us and looked away so Jim couldn't see the fear that had moved into my eyes. 'Y-yet now they did...'

A/N

Hi there! Thank you all so much for reading! I'm so sorry that there hadn't been an update for quite a long time but I'm just in the middle of a week full of tests (I still am :-(  ) and my time to write is really limited, so, sorry! I hope this story is making it up to you all. Btw, about the gif I placed, please ignore the 'It's raining' at the gif, just look at his face. Even frightned he's beautiful! For anyone who cares: I haven't seen the thrid episode of Sherlock season four yet, and I'm soooooo curious... and afraid...

Anyway, in the previous x reader one shot I asked you guys a question and got quite a conversation with hungergames36 and Wolfclaw1048 (sorry if you commented too and I forgot to mention your name!) and I just wanted to thank you for reacting. It's lovely to talk with you all! You always make my day and I wanted to thank you all for it. Thank you all so much for reading, please comment and vote and request if you want to.

Catch you later! ;-)

-MS