Moriarty one shot x reader - I didn't steal it!

I started to walk a bit faster and looked behind me once again. That man has been behind me for five minutes, I thought, he must know about it. So I walked even faster than before and looked around me, searching for any more men that might have seen me with it. I placed my hand on the top of my trousers and was reliefed when I still felt the little bubble that showed me that the necklace was still on the place I had put it. Don't touch it, I thought and let go of it immediately.

How long would it take for me to get home? What if anybody found me here with that jewellery? It's not that I've stolen it, no, that's not true at all. I am, in fact, the rightful owner of the odd piece of jewellery. I straightened my back and lifted my chin as I thought that. Yes, I am the rightful and only owner. My grandmother's mother had it in her possesion. She was in love with a royal member of England who had given her the jewel. But the handsome man unfortunately died before the marriage and since then my grandmother's mother had given the necklace to her daughter, my grandmother. Who had given it to her daughter, my mother, and my mother had given it to me in her turn.

Well, she wanted to, but then those scoundrels had stolen it and put it on display. It didn't belong there, it belonged around my neck and now it was underneath my belt, safe. Soon, the shining gold will be around my neck and the red rubies will shine along with the other sparkly stones. And I will wear it.

Only the thought of wearing such jewel delighted me. With a nice dress and a proper sign of richness, I will sure be invited to the casino with all the big names. And there all my dreams will come true... I will win a lot since I'm a really good gambler. The game will bring me richness and fortune, and maybe even a nice man. We'll see about that. Now I first need to get home safely with my new showpiece...

I looked behind me again and saw that the man was gone now. Phew, good. I looked to my left and noticed nothing suspicious but when I looked to my right... I saw that same man following me, now closer than before! I gasped for breath and hesitated to run all the way to my home. No, that will draw too much unwanted attention. Maybe jogging would draw less attention...

My heart started to pound in my chest and I felt sweat rolling down my back as I moved and quickly looked around me like some sort of animal. The man was nearing me, he probably thought I didn't notice him staring at me but I had seen him and was watching him from out of the corner of my eyes while walking. I gained more speed but the man sped up too...

I got anxious and scared as I tried to avoid the people on the streets but sometimes pushed them out of my way. That, of course, drew attention but I needed to get out of here as soon as possible. My breathing became faster and faster, so were my feet and the drops of sweat on my forehead.

But then I suddenly felt arms that wrapped around me and kept me from going away. I fought with all my strength against the force of that man but he was stronger than I was. 'Let go of me!' I demanded. 'Sorry, sweetheart. Not today.' I heard a male's voice saying in my ear and felt a hand searching me for the necklace.

'Where have you put it, lady? Must I search you?' He asked with a sweet voice and a wave of disgust made me unable to talk. The man found the bubble and stole my precious necklace from me, this gave me back my voice. And I decided to use it. 'Help! Help! Somebody help me! This man is robbing me!' I screamed dramatically. 'Help me!' I added and smiled brightly as a man, all properly dressed in a black suit, attacked the thief and threw him on the ground. There was a short fight but eventually the man in suit won by punching the other repeatedly in the face until he became unconscious.

The man in suit rose and stroke over his clothing. 'Westwood.' He explained. Then he looked at the necklace. 'That's quite a necklace to wear on a regular day.' He said which made me afraid he wouldn't give it back but he did. I smiled as he handed me the jewellery. 'It would sure look astonishing on you.' He added and hugged me without me asking for it. 'I know you weren't robbed.' He whispered in my ear and his voice made me shiver. 'W-who are y-you?' I asked and hated myself for stuttering. 'Me? Oh, my name is Jim Moriarty.'