Sherlock one shot x reader - The detective's hands

A/N

Hey there!

Before you read this one shot x reader, I must tell you that the following story takes place in the past. So come with me, follow me to my TARDIS and let's travel back in time!

***  Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey... stuff...  ***

;-)

I sat on my familiar spot close to the window and watched over the people rushing over the streets... like every day. I sighed and focussed on my book again. It was really terrifying, Poe told me all about a certain black cat named Pluto and how it drove a man to madness. I hated the love stories, so most of Poe's works really appealed to me. I liked the stories of Poe, but I had the desire to go outside in the bright sun and... I don't know...just do something. Of course I knew my mother wouldn't allow me. She was very old-fashioned and believed that a lady must never go outside without the proper dress and the right companionship. She must never be alone and must never talk to someone that wasn't a member of her family. Why on earth, mother, why?

I couldn't focus on my book and placed it behind me. Carefully, I opened the old window and let the fresh air enter my room. Oh, the sun! It shone so welcoming, beckoning me to go outside and to feel the warmth of it on my shoulders. The birds sang happily, and I wanted to sing along with them, I wanted to grow wings and fly away with them, but of course my mother wouldn't allow it. And I possibly will never be able to grow wings. Such a shame.

I figured that another book may get my mind of the sun. So I took Shakespeare's 'Merry Wives of Windsor', one of my favourites. But even that didn't work! So I rose and knocked on my own door.

'Mother? Am I allowed to leave my bedroom now? I think I've learned my lesson and will never talk to that postman again. I promise you.'

Shame, again. He was so adorable... I thought while I waited for the response I didn't get. Annoyed, I sat down by the window again but left the books on my bed. The clock ticked and ticked in a rhythm that was far from music to me. I knew must get out of here; this room was slowly driving me mad!

But how? I thought as I saw something appear on the planter underneath my window. Between the yellow flowers was some other colour on the dark earth. I looked closely and discovered that they were... fingers.

I shrieked and took 'The black cat' and started to hit the fingers with all the power I possessed.

'No, no, don't! Please, young lady, stop it!'

I heard a man cry out and stopped. 'Help me up, please!' He said. 'And why would, a well-mannered lady like me, do that?' I asked, curiosity hidden underneath my well-chosen words. 'Because I can't hold it any longer and will die when I fall?' He man asked and I, shocked by his answer, helped him immediately.

When he was in my room, I took a closer look at the man. He had blue eyes and wore a funny bowler hat on his blond hair. His moustache with a curl on both sides showed me that he smiled. 'Thank you.' He said. 'Pfew, a few more seconds and I would have fallen down.' 'Who are you and what are you doing here?' I said with my Edgar Allan Poe book held high as if it was my powerful weapon. 'Doctor John Watson, and I am here to assist and help my frie-' he stopped and corrected himself, 'colleague with an interesting case involving your neighbours.' He said and looked at my book with an raised eyebrow. 'Poe huh? Good choice, if you like detective stories, you'll love my friend.' He said but added a 'colleague' after I looked at him with a smirk.

'I'd like to meet him.' I said, 'maybe I can help you, I know my neighbours pretty well and watch everyone and everything every day from the window you just climbed in.' I said.

'Brilliant!' He shouted out. 'We could use some help. We're pretty stuck, but of course my colleag- I might as well say friend, won't admit that we are desperately in need of some help. That's the reason why I called for someone living in this house but no one responded so my friend suggested that I must climb up.' I smiled kindly at him. Yeah, I'd really like to meet this friend of his.

Dr. Watson climbed down first and I followed secondly, doubting and fearing my mother to see me. I rejected Watson's help and climbed down on my own: I may not be the strongest, but that doesn't mean I need help for everything.

Maybe I should have let Dr. Watson help me since now I landed but bumped into a man and almost fell to the ground. But before I hit the ground, before my lovely dress got dirty, gloved hands got hold of me. 'Oh, forgive me...' I said as this man made me stand on my feet again. '...and thank you.' I added.

The eyes I stared into were blue, but not like Dr. Watson's eyes. Watson's eyes were kind, the crystals I was looking at right now were more investigating, or interested. This man looked at me for a long time before he placed me on my feet again and I wondered what he must have been thinking of. He had black curly hair and high cheekbones, just the way I liked my men. He wore a cute deerstalker but there was no smile on his full lips, which disappointed me a bit. 

'Hello!' I greeted happily and hoped my smile was contagious, but it wasn't. The man didn't answer but looked at me with a questioning face. 'So,' doctor Watson said, 'tell me all about her.' I looked at John with a strange expression. 'Must this man tell you all about me? How would he know anything about me, we've never met before, have we?' the man shook his head slightly and Watson started to explain it all to me.

'This man you see here, that is Sherlock Holmes. He can read people, discover everything about the other person with his observation skills.' Watson said. 'Sometimes quite annoying.' He added with a smirk. 'So, tell me all about her. When and what did she eat? What is her favourite story? Who does she got interests in? Everything.' I looked at Holmes in curiosity. 'Come on, Holmes, tell her.' Watson tried again. Softly, I head Holmes whisper: 'I don't know.'

----------

I turned the page of my book, a love story this time. I didn't think I would ever read this but oh how lovely was this particular character and how much did he make me think of a certain person... It had been a strange day. Strange... but lovely. Mother didn't discover my secret trip to investigate the crime scene at the neighbours' house, and, believe it or not, I've solved the crime. Wait, let me quote: 'You were the missing puzzle piece we needed so desperately'. I smiled when I heard Mr. Homes' voice again, even if it was in my own head, where he would stay for a while, that's for sure.

I stared out of the window. Everything had turned back to normal.

Well, not everything. The warm fuzzy feeling inside made my lips curl up and made me smile uncontrollably. All these feeling, there are so many of them! The sun still shone kindly and warmed me, even with the window separating us. These feelings warmed me from the inside, even with the great distance separating me from the person who had given me them and caused these waves of crazy thoughts in my mind.

I ignored the warmth of the sun on my shoulders; I didn't desire it anymore. Now I desperately wanted to feel the warmth of the detective's hands on my skin. The hands of Sherlock Holmes.

A/N

Hey there!

I really don't know why I've written this one shot, but I really do hope you liked this one! I just thought about a lot lately and a particular quote of one of my favourite singers gave me the finishing details. For those who would like to know, this is the quote:

"If a man has beautiful hands, he can never be ugly inside. Hands never lie."

-Edith Piaf

I really should stop getting on the internet, searching for quotes and pictures while I should be sleeping... yeah...

Anyway, thank you all so much for reading!!! Please vote and comment to tell me your thoughts on my works or just talk a bit. I really appreciate it! Thank you all so much for sticking around and...

Catch you later!

-MS