Greg one shot x reader - Deducing

Quickly my eyes scanned over the paper, trying to make sense of the many words but it seemed to be in vain. I sighed without actually noticing it and a chuckle made me look up from my work. 'What is it, Greg?' I asked and looked at the man who sat in front of me and stared at me while I was reading. 'You're so reluctant to read that long, uninteresting file, it's really cute.' He grinned. I looked away from his smiling face to continue my reading but the feeling that someone was watching me made it almost impossible to work.

'Could you just turn your head a bit?' I asked without looking up. 'Why?' Goose asked innocently. 'Because, you're annoying me.' I answered. 'With looking at you?' He asked with the same child-like innocence in his voice. 'With your existence.' I snapped at him and looked away from my work to face a laughing Graham. 'Thank you. I've never heard anyone tell me to die before.' He chuckled.

'It's not that, you know it's not that. I am just really busy right now and your piercing eyes annoy me.' I told him and apologized for my snapping. Even more reluctant than before, I turned my hanging head to face the papers again, searching for the line where I had stopped reading.

It was silent once more. No chuckling, grinning or any sound at all. I could finally focus on my work. But then Geoff talked and got me out of my focus. With a little chuckle in his voice he said: 'So you think I'm distracting?' Even though I did not look up, I knew he had a huge smirk on his face. 'I could be more so.' He said and I lifted a pen and threw it in his smirking face. 'Shut up!' I shouted. 'Why are you even here anyway?'

'I'm watching you.' He answered. 'What for?' I asked as he moved in his chair and let his head rest on his hands. 'Practising.' He told me. I crossed my legs and looked at him, his smirk had disappeared and he gazed at me with a thinking expression. 'Practising what?' I asked curiously.

This time Gavin sighed as he admitted: 'Deducing.' A smile appeared on his face and I rose from my chair. The file could wait. I walked over to him and grinned. 'Deducing? You're practising your deducing skills?' I said. 'Oh don't mock me. I have to learn it someday. I just can't stand Sherlock being so good at it and I just have to keep on guessing every time.' He said. 'I'm not mocking you,' I told him with lights of amusement in my eyes, 'I'm just surprised, that's all.' Still grinning I sat down on the armrest of his chair.

'And, what did you deduce?' I asked him. 'That you're reluctant to work so you keep on talking to me but then you blame me for distracting you though you want to be distracted.' He said. 'True, true.' I told him. 'Is there more?'

He nodded. 'Yes, you haven't worked that much yet, you keep on looking at the same line but instead of looking that one difficult word up in the dictionary, you keep staring at it. Then you continue reading but that one word keeps entering your head and you need to know what it means. But you're too lazy to stand up and grab the dictionary.' He said and I nodded. 'Quiet true, but why, if I'm too lazy to stand up for the dictionary, why did I rise to walk to you?' I asked him.

He looked at me for a long time, his eyes narrowed, his lips powerfully pressed to each other. 'Because...' He began and stared at me while I smiled at him. 'Because...' He started again but, judging by his face, he didn't know the answer. His eyes filled with little hints of panic as he tried to make sense of my reasoning. But then he gave up. A smile appeared on his face as he answered me. 'Because I'm simply irresistible.' He smirked. I laughed aloud and gave my detective a kiss on his forehead. 'Also true.' I smiled.

*Extended edition*

'Now, my irresistible detective inspector, let's do something else. Let's watch a detective film so you can practise some more. I think you're doing great.' I said and he smiled warmly at me. 'Thank you.' He softly said. And so I left my work for what it was and we sat down on the couch. We cuddled up and I started the TV. A nice detective film was playing, but during the entire film, although I acted as if I didn't notice it, I felt Goose's eyes fixed on me.

A/N

Hi there!

Man, I am so busy these days! I've got vacation but I'm just as busy as on a schoolday. But hey, here's a new Greg one shot x reader! I really hope you liked it! Poor Goose wants to become a master deducer, just like the Holmes boys... We wish him all the best of luck, right?

Thank you so much for reading! Please comment and vote! Luv you all!

Catch you later!

-MS

(Non-wifi readers: Parents of fangirls: Go outside and socialize for once!!

Us: Not our division.) My parents: Get away from that laptop! You're writing the entire vacation! Me: *ignoring them but typing their quotes on Wattpad* ;-)

Have a wonderful day! ;-) Love from me and my stalking sister!