Sherlock - a pup to adore

A/N

Hello there!

Here's the request iamKhrfan123 has asked me to make. I hope you will like it! This is what I've been asked to do:

a request that sherlock holmes find a shy and blind pup during his investigation and adopts it. He calls it Elizabeth.

Here we go! ;-)

***

The bitter cold caused my body to shiver so I wrapped the warm and familiar fabric of my black coat tighter around my trembling body. For hours had I been in this dark night with nothing but one flashlight to lighten the world around me and with my coat to shield me from the cold. The sky up above was empty, neither moon nor stars were watching over the body that lay in front of me. Well, maybe there was one after all. I wasn't certain whether it was an airplane or a star.

Brutally killed she was. Her eyes still had the frightened look of horror inside them before Greham closed her eyes. But her mouth was still open, she was still shouting a scream for help, even though it was silent now.

Gregory watched me from the other side of the corpse, following my every movement as I traced my gloved fingers over the poor soul. His eyes showed disgust when I looked up to briefly observe him.

'You're disgusted.' I said as I looked at the body again.

'You're not. How can you not be disgusted or sad? Look at that poor girl! Look at the life she could have had...'

'Well, she's just a corpse now.' I said coldly and didn't change my facial expression as I heard the police man mutter 'monster.' I had seen enough of the corpse and changed my siting position to have a wider view on the crime scene, moving my flashlight over the dark place. When suddenly two little bulbs of light shone close to me. I went closer to the little lights to look at it but my light couldn't reach the dark space where the lights came from. Was it an animal? Here?

Judging by the sounds that came from the same direction, the little lights indeed belonged to an animal that was hidden behind some old boxes, sitting in the small space between two houses. It was just big enough for the little creature so I couldn't possibly fit in there to come closer to the animal. It had to come to me.

I moved my fingers close to the creatures eyes and tricked it as if I was holding food, then I moved my fingers away from it, closer to me, expecting the animal to follow my movement. But it stayed there, simply watching me. It hadn't moved its head even a bit.

So I now snapped my fingers once, hoping to get the animal's attention. Suddenly, by hearing the sound, the animal moved its head a bit closer to me. I shone my flashlight on the creature and saw that it was a dog. A beagle to be precise, with large, hanging ears and a brown with black fur. Its snout was white and had a big black nose on it. But it was not the fur nor the ears nor the snout that got my attention, it were the eyes. For they seemed dim and not really active. The pup was blind.

'What are you doing?' I heard Goose say but I ignored it. The puppy gave me a worried feeling for I noticed that the pup was far too slender for its age. I made more sound and the puppy moved closer until I could fully see it. On some places it had less fur than others, indicating that it was hurt before.

It cutely barked and I smiled as I heard the high tone. Even if I was a monster like Geese had so kindly told me, I still melted for this one helpless creature. I knelt down, freed my hands out of their gloves and touched the little dog. She was surprised at first since she hadn't seen me reaching out my hand, but then she seemed to make a purring-like sound which I thought only cats made. I kept on petting the pup and it wagged its tail happily. I stopped for a moment and smiled as the creature moved its head to find me and then eventually started licking my knee instead of my hand.

Then I lifted the furry creature high up in the air and rose as well. I kept it close to my chest, hoping that it would be sheltered from the cold night by my body's warmth. I kept on petting it with one hand as I walked away from the crime scene. This cute being needed food and warmth and it needed it quickly.

Grimm protested as I made my way towards 221B. 'Where are you going?' I heard him scream. 'We have to investigate the body!'

Without even bothering to look back I shouted: 'Oh well, she's already dead anyway, this sweetie still has a whole life in front of her!' And with that I left the crime scene and a puzzled police man behind me with my new companion in my arms. I knew for sure that she would be the best and the most loyal dog ever. I thought of a name for my new friend.

'Elizabeth?' I said and looked at the dog, placing a kiss on its furry head. 'Do you like that?' The dog just barked sweetly and wagged its tail happily. Then she buried her little head against my chest and contently fell asleep in my arms.

A/N

And who wouldn't want that last sentence to be about yourself instead of the pup? I volunteer! ;-) Ben's just too pure... *sigh*

Thank you for reading, please vote and comment! Have good day!

Catch you later!

-MS