Mycroft one shot x reader - Calmly counting colleagues

'What do you think you're doing?' I asked as I stepped into the living room and found Mycroft there, sitting on the couch watching television. It was one of the many crime series BBC showed and, judging by his grumpy face, the main characters did something wrong. 'I am truly frustrated! They have all the sign to figure out the answer but they still can't see it! They're blind for anything that's actually relevant.' He complained. 'Even you would see it faster.' He added.

I came closer to him with a stern look on my face. 'Is that an insult?' I asked him. 'No, not at all.' He said. 'Well, let me insult you. You must be really dumb to stay there watching BBC now, it's almost time.' I said annoyed. 'Almost time?' He asked and looked up to face me. 'What for?' I sighed and sat down next to him. Then I took the remote and turned off the TV. 'Hey!' He protested. 'You know who the killer was anyway.' I told him. 'And it's almost time for us to leave.' My answer made him look at me with a questioning face, a sight I didn't see very often. 'To leave? Where to?' He asked innocently and I rolled my eyes. 'To the dinner party with my colleagues! Did you forget? You promised me to come.'

He looked away from me, stared out of the window where signs of the nearing evening were shown. 'It's not that I forgot it, more that I don't want to go. They will all be there.' He said.

'Who will be there?' I asked him.

'People.' He said and shivered as if it was the name of a fearsome horrid monster. I rose and trew a tie at him. 'Wear it. Get properly dressed and come with me. I know there will be people, and I know that you aren't exactly overly fond of them, but you've promised me to come and now you must keep to your promise.' I told him and walked out of the room, screaming 'hurry up!' as I went.

***

With a dangerous speed I ran down the stairs. Quickly I took my bag and hung it over my shoulder. 'Mycroft!' I screamed and he came, all dressed in a stunning suit. 'How do I look?' He asked. I smiled at him and walked towards the man in suit. I stroke over the fabric and smelled the scent of the new clothing as I looked up to meet his blue eyes. 'Absolutely stunning. Nothing suits you better than a suit.' I said and looked at the umbrella that rested in his hand. 'Are you taking that with you?' I asked. 'Yes, if I go, he goes with me.' He said stubbornly. I sighed and took his hand. 'Now, let's go before we're too late.' Mycroft protested: 'Or we could stay here for a while and come fashionably late.' He offered. My stern face returned. 'Admit it, you're only saying that to spend less time with the-' I said and did a perfect imitation of him, 'people.' He smiled at me at admitted it. 'Caught.' And with that we made our way to the dinner party.

***

'Awww, look! It's our favourate college! I'm so glad you could make it in time.' A woman said and hugged me tightly. It was my friend, one of the few nice people I had at work. 'And this is the man you've told me about? Mycroft, right?' She asked and received a small sight that was supposed to be a smile but not quite yet. He nodded and looked at me. 'Oh, so you've discussed me?' He grinned. 'Yes, Mycroft it is.' He added and looked at my friend, obviously deducing her. 'It's such an odd name, but then I've heard you're quite an odd man too. I think it fits you.' She said and smiled before she left. Mycroft watched her leave with a look on his face I could not quite place. 'What is it?' I asked.

'She's sad because her boyfriend just moved back to Spain and she hasn't received any letters yet. And she blames his disapproving mother for that and, although she clearly loves you, she's jealous because you've got a partner so close to you. Yes, she envies you but also admires you, and she was very surprised to see me. She thought of someone more like Sherlock. Black wavy curls and stuff.' He said and looked at the smiling woman. I now saw her smile and realised how fake it actually was. 'Mycroft.' I said softly. 'Yes?' He said and turned his head to me. 'Stop deducing this evening. I don't want you to scare everyone off with your knowledge. No offense, really. Just not this time, okay?' I warned him and he slightly nodded. 'Don't worry; I'll be the perfect partner today.'