Mycroft one shot x reader - Cows

This story is staring: you, Mycroft Holmes, cows and Sauron. ;-P

************

It was different than I had expected it to be, but it was nice after all. The clouds looked so soft, so friendly and lazy when they slowly, very slowly, passed by in the bright blue sky. 'I think it looks like a face.' I said and looked at it with a concentrated look on my face. 'What do you think?' We were staring at the clouds for around half an hour now, yet it still was very fun to do. It had been my idea to go out and picnic again. I had chosen this meadow because it looked so beautiful and between the green of the grass were the little yellow flowers that I loved so much. Not very far away from us was a cute little farm with a red roof and horses. I lied down next to Mycroft and rested my head on his chest. It amazed me that he allowed me to do that but I let it go and enjoyed this change.

'A face? No, that's no face. Not at all. It's more some sort of lamb or something like that.' He said and I smiled as sat up straight. 'Or is our friend back to greet us again?' Mycroft asked me. We were not alone; the meadow was inhabited one little and lonely lost lamb. And just as I thought, our 'friend' had returned and hung with his head over Mycroft's eyes.

'Yes, she's back.' I answered and lifted the lamb to pet it. It felt so weird; I had never touched a lamb before. 'It's a male.' Mycroft told me.

'We should give it a name.' I insisted.

'It's a lamb.'

'We should give it a name.'

'It's annoying.'

'Still, we should give it a name.'

Mycroft sighed and sat up too. I knew I had won. 'What do you have in mind?' He asked me. 'I don't know.' I answered and lied down again, with my nameless friend besides me. 'Look, it's clearly a face. And I think I recognise it!' I said happily and pointed at the sky. 'It's Mrs. Hudson!' I shouted out and Mycroft started to see Mrs. Hudson in the clouds too. 'Yes, I suppose you're right. It does look like her.' He agreed and smiled. 'She's watching us.' He said which gave me a great idea. 'Let's call him Sauron.' I suggested and Mycroft approved after another little fight.

Just me, Mycroft and Sauron, who annoyed Mycroft by walking over him and biting his umbrella for fun. I forbade him to hurt my new friend which was the cause for some funny scenes to happen. Eventually, Mycroft managed to scare my friend away so it was only him and me now.

But I didn't want to talk to Mycroft anymore. I wanted to go and search for my friend, but the sun had made me tired so I lied down around two meters away from Mycroft and called out Sauron's name with a very energy-less voice. Of course it didn't work. Mycroft asked me to come back but I ignored him. 'I'll come back if you find my Sauron.' I told him and Mycroft had too much pride to run around the meadow searching desperately for a lamb that sort of hated him.

My voice grew weak as I lied in the sun and allowed it to take my energy away. I gave up my quest and closed my eyes for a moment. Everything was so calm, the little birds singing their unique songs and the winds softly blowing, that I didn't notice that Mycroft had been watching me all the time. Nor did I notice that he had moved so he now lied next to me again. But I opened my eyes as I felt a soft kiss on my cheek. 'Can you forgive me?' He asked. 'Have you found my Sauron yet?' I asked in return. 'Your answer is the same as mine.' I added. But I didn't do anything to get Mycroft to move.

I just lied there and I'm sure I could have fallen into a sweet slumber if the ground didn't suddenly start to shake underneath my body. In my weary condition, I imagined a giant Sauron-lamb coming to get Mycroft, but that, of course, wasn't real. Shame though, I would find him easier if he grew a bit...

It wasn't a giant Sauron, but something did make the ground shake. 'Eum, (y/n)?' I heard Mycroft say. 'No.' I answered and refused to open my eyes. 'You might want to stand up.'

'And why would I want that?'

'Look around and see.' Mycroft said and I rose reluctantly to look around me. An army of cows moved from out of the little farm and into the meadow. They made aggressive sounds as they jumped and neared us with a speed you won't expect a cow to have. An army of cows came running towards us and we both stood there, paralysed, staring at the nearing danger as it moved closer with the second. Their black spots on their white bodies made me dizzy. I stared at the horns and already felt them piercing through my flesh, I could already feel their heavy paws on my body and I stared at their mischievous eyes as the creatures neared like a tank. I looked at Mycroft who looked at me and, with a shriek of fear, we both ran away from the happy but bloodthirsty cows with my hand in his.

We climbed over the little fence and looked at the dancing cows. They're trying to get me back there with their nice dance, I thought, but I'm not going back to those war-machines! Yet something changed my mind: Sauron! He still was in the meadow and one of the cows seemed to run towards my little innocent lamb. I started to climb over the fence again.

'What are you doing?!' Mycroft asked. 'I'm saving Sauron!' I said and wanted to run into the warzone but Mycroft grabbed my wrist. 'Stay there, I'm going.' And with that said, Mycroft went back. Armed with an umbrella, he made his way through the battlefield and lifted Sauron. He ran back with my friend in his arms and handed it to me as he climbed over the fence, back to safety. 'Here's your lamb.' He said and I petted it. 'Mama was so worried! But now you're here, now you're safe...' Mycroft looked at me as if I had become crazy and I smiled at him. 'Thank you, Myc.' I said and kissed the lamb, but after that I kissed his hero too.

After that, we went back home. What happened to Sauron? You might ask yourself. Well, we've kept him. He has been our pet ever since and Mycroft learned to love him. He grew and became a big warm sheep, and I'm really poud of him. 'They grow up so quickly, they're big and strong before you know it!' I said as I watched our friend with a smile on my face. 'Sometimes I ask myself if you're mad or just if you just act like you've lost your mind.' Mycroft said. The smile on his face gave me a warm feeling inside. 'You're talking about it as if it's our own son!' He said and I looked away from my fuzzy friend to look at Mycroft. 'Well, you've raised him perfectly. And if one can raise a sheep, it can sure raise a human.' I said and smiled as Mycroft started to blush. 'I'm not sure that humans and sheep are comparable.' He said and I agreed. 'As long as you don't want to take one of those cows home, next time we go lunching!'

A/N

Hey there!

My week full of tests is finally over (that was the reason why I didn't update for a while) so I'm back! So sorry for this odd story: my imagination after a mind –breaking week is really, really poor. I hope you can forgive me and I really hope you liked it anyway.

So, lesson learned: do not go to a meadow when cows are there; it's their meadow and they don't like people who disturb them. Please note: cows can be out for blood and one should never call a sheep 'Sauron'.

:-P Just kidding of course: cows are awesome, and they only eat grass... I love milk.Cows aren't dangerous: my best friend is in fact a cow. ;-)

Sorry, really...

Anyway, I've already written the part two for the previous Sherlock one shot x reader! I've noticed you wanted a part two and I've already written it. I think it will be better than this one (I hope it is) but first there must be a Mycroft one shot x reader (which you are reading right now, thank you!) and a Moriarty story. After that a preference and than John again so please be patient!

In the video I've placed above are cows that are allowed to go outside again after a long winter indoors. In The Netherlands, it's really a thing to see how the cows happily dance and it's really fun to see! I'm totally in the spring-mood and I should get a life instead of looking at cows and the way they dance... Yeah... And ignore the Dutchman talking. Oh, and btw, not all of us have this kind of accent when we talk Dutch, but please enjoy! 

Thank you so much for reading this far! You're amazing! I hope you've forgiven me already and I hope you will vote and comment. Maybe suggest a better name, I don't really like the name 'Sauron' for a lamb. Please vote and comment and tell me if you have such stupid moods in which you can't be creative. I do. You're reading the result of it. Thank you so much, tell me if you liked this story regardless of the oddness of it and...

...Catch you later!

-MS