Mondo x Chubby!Reader

Requested by SuchFandoms

"Why don't you come out of your room Y/N?" Your mother gave a frown of concern, standing in your doorway. She only recently had asked, for she was concerned about you.

"Cause I just want to." You said bluntly, turning to look at the wall full of your drawings.

Your mother sighed, knowing it was a lost cause. "Alright sweetie. Good night." She shut the door to your room as you opened the curtain.

The sky was dark, speckled with white stars.

"Dad...I wish you were here. To protect me from the mean kids. I wish you were here to make mom happy again. I know I can't." You teared up, immediately wiping your tears away.

"Mom is worried she can't pay rent. I heard her call my uncle again. Please, I just want her to not stress about rent anymore. I hate when she's upset." You whispered.

You sighed and flopped back onto your bed. Before you knew it, you were sound asleep.

You dreamt of the usual things, that you were famous and the whole world could admire your artwork.

It was your goal. Your aspiration. Your dream.

You were shook when the alarm clock went blaring everywhere.

"FIREEEEE." (Get the reference anybody?? Eh?? No? Ok.)

"Jeez stop it." You groggily slammed your hand on the snooze button and curled back up in your sheets.

You sighed and rolled your eyes as you literally rolled out of bed. You landed on the floor.

"Geez. Typical me." You groaned.

__{Timeskip to schoooollll}_______

"Hey fatty." A guy said, slamming his hand to the locker beside you.

You kept your poker face.

You didn't care.

You didn't care.

That's what you kept telling yourself as you walked away.

Tears glistened in your eyes.

You heard laughter and mocking in the background, but you shut them out.

You were sick of this.

Entering the classroom, you put your things on the desk and sat down, sighing.

Will they ever stop? Will they ever leave me alone?

"Excuse me everybody. We have a new student here today!" Your teacher said cheerfully.

"His name is Mondo. Treat him nicely please." She bowed, gesturing for him to come in.

Everyone looked at him. They snickered at his hair, looking like floppy corn.

He growled under his breath.

Hm? Does he have anger issues?

You panicked as he walked your way, sitting down beside you.

A long silence overcame you two as the teacher started talking.

"Hey. The name's Mondo. Yours?" He said, not looking at you.

"Y/N." You said without a care.

"Well Y/N nice to f-ing meetcha." He held out his hand. You shook it, giving him a weird look.

"What's the look for?"

"Are you...actually being friendly with me?" You said, a little bit shocked.