Shattered Memories(Kaede x Reader)

//I know I said I wouldn't write anymore and that's still true but I had the idea for this one so I'm gonna write it :)

Love.

You used to believe in it.

After all, you thought you were even in it.

You and Kaede were friends and when you both confessed your feelings for each other, you were the happiest person in the world.

Finally, you had someone.

No one had to nag you anymore or make you feel bad for not having a significant other.

She used to bring you chocolate (flavor)  bars to class for you because she knew they were your favorite.

She had even came all the way across campus just to give you a hug before class started.

You two laughed together, smiled together, were together. Everything was so simple, so beautiful, so happy.

You texted over the summer, sending cute pick-up lines, digital hugs, and confessions of love.

You did love her.

You knew it with every part of your soul.

But...did she?

Kaede had called you, crying. She told you she didn't want anything to happen. She had been doubting her sexuality for months now.

You told her you would be here for her, that you would love her nevertheless.

But was that true?

You secretly wanted to stay with her, not break up. You didn't want to say goodbye. You wanted her to believe in you, to trust the relationship.

If only wishes came true.

You made excuses. For the acts she made. Ignoring you, never talking about her day, and constantly talking about giving up.

You were tired.

You didn't realize it.

When school was back in session, Kaede was eager to see you. Maybe an up-close and personal relationship would make her realize she loved you.

You tried everything you could.

Talking to her as much as you could, sending the same love confessions, cheering her up.

But did Kaede ever do the same?

You had thought over the same things. Why you loved her. Her smile, her good choice in clothing, Her laugh, Her optimistic personality.

Soon things started to change. She had become distant, talking to you less. She didn't remember things that you remembered, like your anniversary.

You kept on making excuses.

One by one.

You started to break.

Your heart started to shatter.

Your-

BZZT!BZZT!

Kaede: I'm sorry.

Y/N: What?

Kaede: I can't do this. I need to stop leading you on and end things. I can't do this anymore. I know I'm bright and bubbly and optimistic but sometimes I need to realize that things don't work out. I have to figure this out on my own. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry....

Y/N: I just...kind of wish you didn't do this over text...

Kaede: I know. But I would've broken down

Y/N:I don't know what to say

Kaede: I'm sorry

Y/N: Why are you apologizing?

Kaede: Because I really wish I didn't put you into this

Y/N: Good night I love you.

Kaede: Good night.

Your phone fell into your lap. You knew that that would be the last time you ever said I love you.

Even so....

Why weren't you crying?

Maybe it was because you had imagined this exact scenario a hundred times.

Maybe because you had secretly known you would've been eventually thrown away.

Maybe because you knew you weren't worth anyone

Maybe because you already cried from when she talked about not loving you last and knew it was coming

Maybe....

You soon realized something.

What is really her that you were trying to convince all along?

Or was it yourself?

You had made so many excuses. It all made sense. You had tried to piece the one relationship you ever had together, when in reality you didn't even love her.

You thought you did.

You reassured yourself over and over that you did.

It was the last thing that you would have ever thought of.

You were always nervous around Kaede, even though why was that? She was such a bright and outgoing girl.

Maybe...it was just a crush...

You realized you were crying. Teardrops formed on your phone and you hastily wiped them away.

"Stop. Stop crying. Kaede isn't worth it." You whispered, comforting yourself.

"Honey? Dinner's ready!" Your mom yelled.

"Okay! Just a second!" You raves towards the bathroom, locking yourself in. The tears couldn't stop flowing.

Love.

Such a broken word.

You had never believed it.

With your parents, who constantly fought and the many failed relationships you saw your friends go through.

It all broke you.

You wanted to believe in love.

But how could you, when love doesn't even believe in you?

These memories.

Will always haunt you.

Will always be broken.

Will always be shattered.