Hajime x Reader x Fuyuhiko

Requested by komahina_is_the_shit
\\Killing game|-|angst fanfic//

(In this fanfic, you replace Peko's role as Fuyuhiko's protector.)

{Flashback to before the killing game}

"Fuyuhiko...please. Talk to me." You pleaded. But the light haired teen's melancholy expression did not change. He was broken, inside and out.

"Nothing you will say will change what happened Y/N." Fuyuhiko spat. "Don't try to make me feel better. No matter what, whoever did this will pay. I can promise everyone that."

You grimaced. His emotions were getting the better of him. Before long, he was going to be hunting down the killer and getting his revenge.

That can't happen. I won't let it. I'm his protector. I might not be protecting him from someone. But I'm protecting him from an empty heart.

"Fuyuhiko. The death of your sister was not your fault. Whoever did this will get their karma. I promise. Please try to smile. I know this is hard and you want to kill the person who did this. But it won't help. All it will do is make your heart empty and cold."

Fuyuhiko stayed silent.

You sighed heavily. "Fuyuhiko. I care about you a lot. I don't like or want to see my master like this. I'm sure your sister wouldn't want to see your depressed state either. So please, try not to burden yourself too much."

His resolve seemed to weaken, his muffled sobs finally coming out. "I-I'll try."

You put a warm hand on his seemingly cold shoulder. "Thank you."

He weakly smiled at you as his tears rolled down his pink cheeks. He laid his forehead on your shoulder as he let all his emotions out.

"I-I think I realize something. I...I think I love you Y/N."

{Present Day}

"I love you Y/N!" Akane yelled out as she took your offering and stuffed it in her mouth. "You're the best!" She mumbled, her mouth crammed with chicken.

"Uh thanks...I guess?" You said, bemused.

It was just another day in the life of the killing game. Surprisingly, everything was pretty peaceful since the first trial. No deaths.

"Y/N. Everyone is partying on the beach. You should join." Chiaki suggested.

"I think I'll pass. Ill just sit here and watch." You shrugged, giving her a polite smile.

She nodded as she ran back to the others who were having a water fight.

"Hey Y/N." Hajime sat next to you, holding two smoothies in his hands.

"Hey Hajime."

"Want one?" He held out the colorful smoothie to you. 🍹

"..Why not. Thanks." You clinked your glass with his before sipping it through the straw, watching everyone having a good time.