Fuyuhiko//Desperation

Before I start, thank you sincerely for all the people who have supported this book and/or been here since the beginning. It took several months for this book to even get one request and I remember how happy I was to get it. Ever since then, this really has taken off and I can't thank you all enough for that.

Thank you to all the friends I have made through this app, you got me through hard times and always made me laugh. That's a debt I will never be able to repay so thank you.

I sadly can't say I can continue this anymore. After this my book and my account will officially be closed. I'll check back in to read comments but my real life has gotten busy and school takes up 100% of my time and I know I wouldn't be able to give my all to this book. If you have the time, please take a look at my other works. Thank you and enjoy!

{You looked up, startled to see tears in his eyes.

"I can't..I can't lose you too...."}

It hadn't gotten easier, seeing people die. You watched as Peko disappeared in the swarming mass of enemies, blood spattering the floor and the area around her. You held tears back, trying not to lose control. Even though it was the second time the trial had taken place, it wasn't any easier to witness an execution.

"Fuyuhiko." Someone whispered. You didn't look around to see who said it. Your eyes were glued to the sight before you.

You all filed out, going back to your places. Your cottage was next to Fuyuhiko's, so you often heard him talking to Peko or just listened to him snore through the walls and tried not to laugh at the obnoxious noises.

The event happened a day ago, and you were relieved to hear Fuyuhiko was well. After all, his eye was...
You shook off the thought, the whole day you thought about him and what he was going through.

Your hand instinctively raised to knock on the door, but you knew you shouldn't. It was inappropriate timing and all he wanted to do was be alone. You realized that and headed to your cottage.

You turned around and almost gasped when you heard sobbing. It was Fuyuhiko's sobbing. You went back to the door and slumped by it. You shrieked as the door opened as you fell into the room. Apparently the door had accidentally been open because Fuyuhiko stared at you with shock.

"What..What the hell are you doing here?"

You expected him to be more angry, but even though his words were rude, his voice was meek and terribly strained.

"I-I'm sorry. I heard you sobbing and I fell through the door and.."

"Whatever. Doesn't matter." He turned away, wiping his tears from his red face.

"Are..you alright?"

"Does it look like I'm alright?" He snapped back, voice sounding more cruel.

"I'm..sorry. That was a stupid question." You sighed, raising yourself off the floor to leave.

"Well you've always been a stupid idiot." He chuckled.

You didn't know how to respond. Be mad at him for being rude or be happy because he let out that angelic laugh of his.

Angelic? What's with me? Did I think of his laugh as angelic before?

You shook those thoughts out of your mind.

"Whoah hey. Stupid idiot? Isn't that going a bit too far?"

"Well..you haven't been particularly smart, idiot." His tears seemed to dry and he smirked at you with that cocky smile of his.