Saihara x Kaede

Requested by ThePnkReb_Writes

A man lay in bed, a gray and white embroidered blanket lay over him and his brittle figure.

"Kaede. As next heir to the throne, you must pick your suitor to become your husband." The man wheezed.

"But father...none have been to my liking. They obviously all want me so they can become rich and become the king." Kaede sighed.

"I understand Kaede, but we cannot leave this kingdom without an heir. You must have a royal husband. If you didn't decide a husband, what if you were killed? The last thing this kingdom needs is to fall in the hands of Junko." The man wheezed.

"We cannot let her take over this kingdom. She may be my sister, but she is in no right to lead another kingdom to ruin."

Kaede looked at the floor, woebegone of this unfortunate turn of events, she was hoping her father would understand, but he only saw the kingdom's needs.

"I..understand father. I bid you good night."

The king nodded and laid his head back on the lush pillow.

As Kaede closed the tall carved mahogany doors, she felt only sorrow, for who would she marry? The only suitors there were was the ones who wanted riches or power.

Kaede's sorrow attracted a familiar face.

"My lady! Are you alright? You look downtrodden."

Kaede looked up at the man before her, bluish-blackish hair, beautiful eyes, and shining armor, fit for a knight like himself.

"Saihara." The man's name rolled delicately off your tongue like silk.

"Yes my lady?" Saihara held her hand in his.

"I..could we talk somewhere else? The atmosphere here is...awful."

"Of course. Let us go to the east wing's balcony. It has a wonderful breeze."

"Alright. Lead the way."

As you two walked through castle, you were reminded that this would all be yours. And the kingdom. And the responsibility.

I understand that I will have to be queen but...can I really handle all this? And will I have to tolerate my husband along with it?

"Here we are my lady. Now what is wrong?"

Kaede didn't even realize that she had already arrived to the balcony, she was so lost in thought.

"Saihara..father wants me to marry a suitor. Of royal blood. I..don't. They all are stuck up, egotistic, greedy men, and I don't want to marry any of them." Kaede confessed.

Saihara grabbed her hands, interlocking them with his.

"I didn't know this was happening."

"I'm sorry to blurt all my feelings out on you like this but..my father says I have to marry them. Before he..passes." Kaede choked.

"My lady.."

"And I understand that I'm being selfish but...I don't want to marry them." Kaede looked up at Saihara.