189

Finn's POV

I woke up to hearing sobs from the other side of the couch that was pulled out into a bed. I sat up to see Bayley, holding her knee, and crying.

"Bay? Baby, what's wrong?"

I asked, flipping the light on.

"My knee hurts so bad."

She sobbed.

"Here, I'll grab your pain meds."

I said, rummaging through her bag. I grabbed her meds and handed her them and a bottle of water. She downed them fast and laid back in the bed. I held her in my arms as she wiped her tears.

"Finn?"

Bayley asked.

"Yes baby?"

"What if I never wrestle again?"

She asked. I heard the shakiness and sadness in her voice as my heart broke.

"You will Bay."

I said, rubbing her arm.

"But what if I don't? You heard the doctor. My leg was the worst injury he's ever seen. He said my career was done. I have to give up the title on Monday. What if I never get it back? What if I have to retire?"

She said, sobbing again.

"Shhh. Bayley. Pamela. You will wrestle again. You're Pamela freakin' Devitt. You're the strongest girl I know. You've come back from having five kids, a failed pregnancy, being abused and raped, being brainwashed, a broken hand, and being there for me. You're so freaking strong. You will come back."

I said.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Now, get some sleep. And wake me if your knee starts hurting again. Sweet dreams, my love."

I said, kissing her cheek as she drives off to sleep.