Chapter one

I was a big city kind of girl. Born and raised in New York.  East coast mentality and I was not taking crap from anyone.  Not even my family and friends.  I had just lost my job and needed a new start. And fast I had rent to pay in two weeks. The paper had nothing to off me, the ads on the internet had only job leads with degrees and stuff.  Out of my league for sure. I was desperate to just make money. Not desperate enough to walk a corner. No way.  Finally after hours I had a breakthrough!  A post on FB talking about a Big named band looking for a crew member to travel on the road no experience needed and pay is good. Well hell!  This is worth a shot right?  I sent in my resume and filled out their form online and waited. Now time for some coffee and lunch.  Later that day, I arrived back home to my fiancé.  He was a sweet soul. Brown eyes taller than me and was working at the cafe down the block. He was going to culinary school to become a head chef. His name was brad . my high school sweet heart.   Me" I'm so tired ". He hugged me and said " I made you brownies, your favorite ". I inhaled the scent of my guilty pleasure and felt at home.  With him he didn't care if I was broke, he loved me and wouldn't let anything happen to me.   Me " thank you ".  We both sat down on the bar stools and enjoyed some sweet treats.