Hoseok ♡ FaceTime

Published: June 22, 2018
Rewritten: May 3, 2023

Word count: 1,232

We love a Hoseok with an exposed forehead yes we do

This book is for users 14+ ONLY!
DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14. I'm an adult and am not comfortable with kids reading my stuff or interacting with it

Being without your boyfriend was something you were used to, but on this particular day, you were really missing Hoseok, even more so than usual

Being without your boyfriend was something you were used to, but on this particular day, you were really missing Hoseok, even more so than usual. He was off on tour with his group BTS putting on shows almost every night, traveling from state to state and country to country where the time zones all differed.
You wanted nothing more than to see him, hold him, feel you in his arms; however, you understood that he had an obligation and performing was his job, but that didn't make you miss him any less.

You released a long sigh into the air, pushing yourself off your bed and went to the kitchen to make some tea, hoping it would ease the empty feeling in your chest. While your hot beverage was steeping you heard your phone ring from your bedroom, it was the distinct sound of a FaceTime call. You hurriedly sprinted towards the tone, snatching your phone off the nightstand to see Hoseok's contact photo light up on the screen.
You accepted the call and saw a very awkward lower angle of your boyfriend's face. He clearly wasn't paying attention to the fact that you had accepted the call, continuing to sit there holding his phone in his lap, singing to himself.
"Baby?" You called out with a chuckle.
"Oh! Hellooooo." He grinned cutely, putting his face in the camera.
"What are you doing?"
"We're in the hotel room right now. We've got a concert later tonight."
"How exciting. Are you meeting lots of fans?"
"Yeah we are. I got a lot of gifts and fan art from Army." He smiled happily.

You were so glad he was getting the recognition he deserved. He used to be so insecure because he was one of the least popular members in BTS and yet he always had a smile on his face. Now, people were finally starting to appreciate him and his heartwarming and easygoing personality.

"You look so cute and laid-back." You commented taking in his appearance.
He was barefaced, his red hair messily pushed out of his face displaying his forehead, and he donned a baggy t-shirt. He looked incredible when he was dressed up, but laid-back Hobi in oversized clothes will always be your favorite. You could see a light blush tinting his shiny cheeks after you complimented him.
"I could really use a cuddle right now." You frowned.
"Me too. I miss you so much, but I'll be back in about a month. You just have to wait a little longer."
"Yeah." You nodded knowingly and let out a sigh.
"Hey, don't be sad. We can always FaceTime like this until then."
"You're right. At least I get to see you, maybe not in person, but it's the closest thing."
"That's the spirit!" He grinned, showing off his brilliant smile.
"Your smile is so bright. You're like the human embodiment of the sun."
His cheeks turned pink once again as he visibly got flustered.
"I love you." You added in a singsong voice, causing the pink on his face to deepen.
"I love you too." He responded sheepishly.

It was at that moment you noticed Taehyung sneaking up behind Hoseok, but you didn't say anything. Tae was making the most atrocious faces behind his back, you couldn't help but stifle a laugh. Hoseok had noticed the younger member's presence, spotting him through the front facing camera.
"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" He turned to the younger member and pushed him over onto the bed. "How'd you get in here?"
Hoseok's loud and unique laughter filled the room as him and Taehyung brawled on the bed. A few seconds later, Jin and Jimin came running in taking the opportunity to hijack the FaceTime.

"Hi!" Jin greeted, getting up in the camera.
"Hello, Jin."
"This is for you." He winked, blowing you a hand kiss.
"Oh. A famous hand kiss from Mr. Worldwide Handsome!" You gasped, deciding to play along and humor him a bit.
"Hey! Don't blow hand kisses at my girlfriend! I told you guys to leave me alone." Hoseok scolded, pushing the two aside. "I'm trying to talk to my Y/n."
Jimin frowned. "I want to say hi too."
Hoseok couldn't possibly say no to him.
"Alright, say hi."
Jimin smiled brightly and approached the phone, letting out gleeful giggles.
"Hi!" He waved. "Hobi misses you a lot, like a lot. He won't stop talking about you. It's driving us crazy." Jimin said. "He has to sleep hugging a pillow so it feels like you're sle-"
"Okay, okay that's enough." Hoseok blushed furiously, cutting Jimin off. "Go away now."
The boys finally left, albeit reluctantly, allowing Hoseok to be alone with you once again.

"You sleep hugging a pillow?" You inquired, raising a teasing brow.
"Yeah." He admitted bashfully.
"Me too." You sighed. "I sprayed it with your cologne to make it seem more like you."
Hoseok's eyes softened as he gave you a sympathetic smile.
"This question has an obvious answer, but are you excited for the concert tonight?" You decided to change the subject to a lighter one.
"Of course I am. I love being able to do what I love and see the reactions from the fans. They're all so much fun. Ha! You should see some of the signs they hold up. I once saw one with a huge print out of my face on it with a halo and angel wings. It said, You're our angel. We love you J-Hope. It made me really happy." His face was beaming as he spoke.
"That makes me really happy." You grinned, your heart swelling. "Any other interesting signs?"
"There are a lot of signs with just our faces on them, but they're usually us with funny expressions or ones where we're making double chins."
"Those are some of my favorites." You laughed, imagining what memeable photos were used.
"Don't you prefer pictures of me looking handsome?" Hoseok asked, trying to hide the look of mild offense on his face.
"I like you no matter what you look like."
He clearly wasn't expecting you to say that, the tips of his ears turning red at your words.
The both of you had been together for over a year and he still got flustered when you showered him in love.

"Hoseok!" You heard Namjoon's muffled voice, most likely coming from outside the hotel room.
"Ah." He groaned. "I have to go, sweetheart. It's time to start getting ready for the concert."
"Okay. I'll let you go then."
"I'll be thinking of you." He smiled.
"Same here. Now go and dance your butt off. I mean, not literally, but you get it."
"You know. I will."
"I may not be there with you, but I'm always cheering you on."
"I know you are, sunflower. I love you." He smiled warmly, bringing his face closer to place a kiss on the camera.
"I love you too, Hobi." You blew a kiss in return.
"Bye-bye."

He ended the FaceTime call, leaving you to stare at your phone screen as that familiar empty feeling returned, but not as strong as it was. Being able to talk to him alleviated that lonely feeling. You missed him so much, but you're happy he's out there living his dream. Nothing makes you prouder, besides, he'll be home soon.

_____________________________________
DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.