Jimin ♡ Dinner Date

Published: September 3, 2018
Rewritten: July 26, 2023

Word count: 1,751

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

It was an uneventful and somewhat boring Saturday

It was an uneventful and somewhat boring Saturday. The weather was nice and you had been going back and forth with yourself, debating on wether or not you wanted to get out and enjoy it. Before you could make a decision, you heard your phone ringing and went to pick it up, flipping the device over to see who it was that was calling. You were met with the sight of Jimin's cute face flashing on the screen, your finger pressing the green icon to accept the call.
"Hello, Jimin." You greeted.
"Hi, lovely." His sweet voice spoke on the other side.
"What are you doing?" You asked while playing with your hair.
"Thinking about you."
"You were not." You snorted.
"I was." He argued back.
"What about me?" You pressed.
"Thinking about you... and me... together." He spoke slowly.
"Where at?"
"A nice restaurant for a lovely and romantic dinner."
"Mmm that sounds nice." You hummed.
"So, what do you think?"
"About dinner?"
"Yep. Tonight at 7:00."
"Sounds perfect. I'll be ready."
"I'll pick you up at your place. I can't wait to see you."
"I can't wait to see you either."
"Dress nice for me, okay?" You could practically hear the flirty smirk in his voice.
"Then you dress nice for me too."
"I always dress nice." He sassed.
"Goodbye, Jimin."
"Goodbye, Y/n. See you tonight." He whispered and blew a kiss through the phone.

Even after you ended the call, you couldn't wipe the smile off your face. Jimin was the sweetest boyfriend you could ever have; you often asked yourself if you even deserved someone as perfect as him. He was always taking you out on random, spur of the moment dates and buying you gifts both big and small. Though you always tell him he doesn't have to do all that, he insists—and you couldn't possibly argue with him.
You gave a glance at the clock, your shoulders sagging in disappointment when you saw it was only 4:30 PM. It was far too early to start getting ready. Two and a half hours until Jimin was supposed to pick you up. What were you supposed to do until then?

You decided to kill some time by doing a few chores around the house and choose your outfit for the evening ahead of time. Jimin had said to dress nice and your definition of "dressing nice" was a pair of jeans and a nice top. After scouring your closet for ten minutes you settled on black pants, a pair of comfortable yet stylish shoes, and a cozy sweater in your favorite color. Black pants were always a safe choice, as they look good on everyone, they don't show stains, and they have an overall neat appearance.

Once it was nearing time for Jimin to pick you up for your date night, you started getting ready, putting on the outfit you had chosen earlier. Giving a quick glance in the mirror, you checked your appearance and gave a small nod of a approval at your choice of clothing before heading to the bathroom to fix your hair and go through your makeup routine.
By the time you finished, Jimin had sent you a text.

Chim 💛
I'm on my way to pick you up

Your heart fluttered with excitement just by reading the message. Whenever you got to spend time with Jimin, you always found yourself overwhelmed with a feeling of giddiness. You couldn't help it, he made you so happy.