Yoongi ♡ Jack Frost AU

Published: September 3, 2018
Rewritten: July 26, 2023

Word count: 2,800

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

The large mass of blue and white splotches covered your location on the map displayed behind the weatherman, indicating that there was going to be wintry weather

The large mass of blue and white splotches covered your location on the map displayed behind the weatherman, indicating that there was going to be wintry weather. According to the forecast, your town was supposed to have a huge snowstorm that's predicted to bring at least a foot, maybe more, of snow. Personally, you loved snow days and enjoyed watching it coat everything around you in a white blanket. A lot of people hate snowy weather on account of it being so terribly cold and also having to use so much heat—you don't mind it though. You find joy in the little things like watching snowflakes fall from the comfort of your home or going out to enjoy the fluffy substance by building a snowman like you used to when you were younger. You saw no need in being grouchy about it and letting it put a damper on your mood like most adults.

"Remember to dress warm and go get groceries before the storm hits because once it does, you may not be able to leave the house." The weatherman advised.
You reached over to retrieve the remote off the coffee table and changed the channel to something else, biding your time by watching a rerun of a show that had long been off air. It was an episode you'd seen probably ten times, but you found yourself sitting through it anyway, laughing at scenes as if it was your first time seeing them.
You had only been watching TV for a handful of minutes when you noticed chunky, white snowflakes falling from the sky. You jumped to your immediately, only giving yourself a couple seconds to slip on a pair of sandals before rushing outside, not caring that you were wearing thin sweats and a t-shirt.
"Wow." You murmured to yourself, watching the snowflakes get bigger and fall even faster right before your eyes.
Even though it was dark out, you could see just how much of the fluffy, white clusters were floating to the ground, already starting to accumulate at a rapid pace. If it kept snowing at the rate it was, you're likely to have at least five inches of snow by morning.

You stayed outside for another minute or two before you started getting too cold, making your way back inside your warm and toasty abode to recover from the frigid air outdoors. It was cold, but with it being nighttime, the temperature had dropped drastically. That, plus your lack of warm clothing forced you back inside sooner than you would have liked.
Things seemed to work out in the end, as it was nearing midnight and drowsiness was starting to set in, so you decided it was best to turn in for the night.

♡♡♡

You woke up the next morning, jumping right out of bed and scurrying to the window. As you predicted, there appeared to be at least five inches of snow on the ground. A small noise of excitement left you as you hurried to your closet and pulled out your warmest clothes, bundling up to make sure you'd be nice and warm before braving the wintry weather. You stepped outside, your head lifting to admire the snowflakes falling to the ground, watching them flutter down gently, collecting on the mass of white blanketing the ground. The temperature had dropped drastically since yesterday, the atmosphere much chillier than the last time you stepped outside.