Taehyung ♡ The Perfect Man | Frankenstein AU

Published: November 19, 2018
Rewritten: February 9, 2024

Word count: 1,950

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

At last, it's done—he's done.
After months of endless planning, preparing, and assembling, you finally had the perfect man. He laid before you on a large, metal table covered in a white sheet.
Thunder rumbled outside, rattling the walls of the room; a signal that it was almost time for you to put your brilliant plan into motion. Your entire body was buzzing with excitement and adrenaline as you raised the metal table up to the opening in the ceiling, waiting with bated breath for the lightning to strike.

In a millisecond, a blinding flash of light illuminated your small laboratory. Startled, you let out a tiny shriek, but was quick to compose yourself, bringing the metal autopsy table back down to uncover your masterpiece.
There he was in all his glory.
Beautiful.
Yes, he had a few stitches, but that couldn't be helped. After all, how else were you supposed to attach his limbs?
A sense of pride came over you as you took in your creation, watching him, waiting for any sign of life, any breathing or even eye movements. Nothing.
You pulled out your stethoscope and placed it on his chest, your eyes closing as you listened closely, focusing on any sounds.
Thump.
Thump.
There it was, a heartbeat. It was very faint, but getting faster and louder with each passing second.

His eyes snapped open and he gasped for air, sitting upright on the table causing you to jump back. The man turned his head to look at you, blinking once, twice.
"Oh my stars." You whispered in disbelief. "It worked. It worked!"
You broke out into a fit of delirious cackles akin to those of someone that had gone mad, and perhaps you had.
"You're beautiful." You marveled, cupping his face between your palms. "Do you know who I am?"
His eyes squinted, brows furrowing in thought before shaking his head.
"I'm Y/n."
"Y/n?" He uttered your name slowly.
"Yes! I'm the one who created you!"
"You did?" He asked.
"Yes!" You shrieked, proud of your work.
This was a huge scientific breakthrough—you created a living, breathing person.
"What's my name? Do I have one?"
"Your name is Taehyung."
"Taehyung." He spoke his own name, mulling it over for a moment. "I like that." He grinned.

This moment was a dream come true. You had been so lonely and your love life was practically nonexistent. No one wanted to be with the crazy girl that stayed cooped up in her lab running experiments. But you didn't have to worry about that anymore. You had the perfect man now and he was all yours.

"What now?" Taehyung asked, swinging his legs back and forth off the side of the table.
"We need to get you some clothes first."
Ha glanced down at the boxers he was wearing.
"Come on." You took his hand, pulling him to his feet. "I've got clothes especially for you."
"Really?"
"Of course. I've been preparing for this day for quite some time."
You guided him out of the lab and into the house, bringing him to your room where you had all the clothes you'd purchased for him hanging in your closet.
"Here they are. Go on and pick out whatever you'd like. They're all yours."
"Do you have Gucci?" He asked.
"Gucci?" You nearly choked on air.
"Yeah."
"No. Sorry."
"That's okay. I can make anything work."
Why does he have such expensive taste? You thought.
Well, you made a man, not his personality.