Jin ♡ Chef Kim

Published: September 3, 2018
Rewritten: July 26, 2023

Word count: 2,192

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You worked tirelessly at the stove, adding salt to the sauce and flipping steaks, making sure they got cooked evenly on both sides, the pan sizzling as you turned over the cuts of meat

You worked tirelessly at the stove, adding salt to the sauce and flipping steaks, making sure they got cooked evenly on both sides, the pan sizzling as you turned over the cuts of meat. You reached over and grabbed some of the restaurant's signature seasoning, sprinkling it over the steaks, the familiar scent wafting up to your nostrils.
Taking a glance around the kitchen, you saw all the other employees working hard, each one busy doing their assigned tasks. You heaved a sigh and scurried across the room to grab a couple plates, rushing back to check the meat.
Perfect.
Removing the thick-cut steaks out of the pan, you relocated them onto their own plates before retrieving a spoon. Dipping the silverware in the sauce, you carefully brought it to one of the plates and smeared it around the steak in a decorative way, repeating the process with the second steak. You used a cloth to wipe away any excess sauce, making sure the dish's appearance was pristine. Stepping away from your workspace, you dodged a few cooks, making your way towards the area of the kitchen where the vegetables and garnishes were stored, grabbing a few rosemary leaves and bringing them over to the dish to place them neatly on top of each steak.
"There." You huffed out.

"Where's the steaks? I need them right now!" Jin, the head chef and owner of the restaurant, shouted, his voice cutting through all the noise in the kitchen.
"Right here, sir. You responded, holding the plates in your hands. "Two steaks fresh out of the pan."
He walked over and scrutinized the dishes, his observant eyes inspecting the appearance.
"Well done, Y/n." He finally spoke, giving a curt nod of approval.
He took the plates from you and exited the kitchen without another word. You let out a long breath that you had unintentionally been holding, leaning against the counter while a tiny smile played at the edges of your mouth.
He said well done.

"Man, I hate him." Your friend and co-worker, Taehyung, griped, cutting your quiet celebratory moment short.
"You do?"
"Yeah. He's so particular and demanding. I don't even like my job here, the only reason I stay is because it pays well. Your boy needs his Gucci."
You huffed out a breathy laugh, rolling your eyes playfully at his obsession with the high- end luxury brand.
"Don't you hate him a little bit?" He asked.
You shook your head. "Not really."
"The only reason you say that is because you like him."
"Shut up." You waved him off.
"Is there anything you don't like about him? There has to be something."
"Well, he's a bit pushy sometimes and he can be a little hateful, like when he raises his voice at me." You admitted. "I'm doing my best."
"See? Even though you have a huge crush on him, you don't love everything about him."
"He's only that way because he wants things to be perfect."
"Here we go again." Taehyung rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "You're taking up for him."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"I'm not."
"Yes you are."
"Listen up, everyone! I need one order of spicy pork, one order of shrimp alfredo with baby scallops, and one soufflé." Jin announced, stepping into the bustling kitchen again.
"Duty calls." Taehyung sighed and walked away.