Hoseok ♡ Late-Night Adventure

Published: November 24, 2018
Rewritten: April 24, 2024

Word count: 1,390

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

The bed was warm and comfortable, the freshly-washed sheets enveloping you in the clean scent of laundry detergent that lingered in the fibers

The bed was warm and comfortable, the freshly-washed sheets enveloping you in the clean scent of laundry detergent that lingered in the fibers. Hoseok laid next to you, head resting on a pillow as the both of you watched TV in comfortable silence.
Presently, you were drifting between being wide awake and ready to doze off. Seeing as it was just after 2 AM, it made sense that you were about ready to tap out for the night.

Without warning, Hoseok sat upright abruptly, scaring you in the process.
"Let's go somewhere."
"What?"
Did you hear him correctly?
"Let's go somewhere. Anywhere. Come on."
He took your hand and pulled you off the bed without giving you the opportunity or even the time to answer.
"Grab some pillows and blankets." He instructed.
"It's after 2 AM." You noted aloud.
"I know. Just trust me."
You chose not to question any of it and began gathering as many pillows as you could hold while Hoseok opted to collect blankets.

He snagged his keys out of a glass dish shaped like a flower sitting on his nightstand and walked out of the room, yourself slowly trailing behind. You and your adventurous boyfriend quietly made your way through the dorm, being careful not to wake any members who were already asleep.
The escape was successful and once you were in the clear, you went to Hoseok's vehicle, loading the pillows and blankets into the trunk. He ushered you into the car, closing the door behind you before moving over to the driver side to start the engine.

Some of Hoseok's favorite songs were playing softly through the speakers of his car as he drove down the road in a comfortable silence. The dim street lights lining the highway along with the background music that accompanied it was a perfect combination. The atmosphere and the visuals were oddly relaxing and you found yourself sinking back into the seat of the car, watching the buildings and homes that passed by.
Though you'd decided not to ask Hoseok where he was taking you, you were a bit curious. It would be somewhere amazing there was no doubt about that, but the curiosity was gnawing at you.

After a relaxing and peaceful thirty minute drive, Hoseok veered off the road, pulling into a field. He silently parked the car and hopped out, leaving the music playing. You observed him in curiosity as he moved to the back of the vehicle and opened up the trunk. He started rearranging the pillows and blankets you'd both gathered and tossed back there before leaving. It was then obvious to you what he had planned.

"Alright. Come on back here, sunflower." He beckoned.
You giddily hopped out of your seat and made the brief journey to the back of the vehicle, climbing inside next to Hoseok.
He did a fantastic job setting everything up. A blanket was laid across the flooring of the back so you'd have something soft to lie on and the pillows were arranged in a way that made the area look cushioned and cozy.

"I should have brought some battery-operated fairy lights, that would've made this better."
"It's alright. This is perfect." You smiled warmly, lying back on the pile of pillows.
Hoseok followed your actions, wrapping his arms around you like second nature, pulling you close to him while you gazed up at the stars outside, watching as each one twinkled before your eyes.
It was a clear night and the weather was just right—not too hot or stuffy and not too cool or chilly. The music playing softly in the vehicle paired perfectly with the movie-like moment.

Hoseok glanced over at you and grinned, admiring you for a few moments. Sensing that you were being stared at, you turned your head, finding that your boyfriend was adoring you in silence with a small grin on his face.
"Why are you looking at me when there's a sky full of stars to gaze at?"
"Because you're my sky full of stars."
You laughed at the cheesy line and pinched Hoseok's cheek lightly, giving him a kiss on the nose. This prompted him to gently grab your face and pull you in for a real kiss on the lips. Your eyelids slid closed as his lips worked their magic, softly caressing yours in a loving manner. Hoseok's long fingers migrated into your hair to hold your head while tilting his to the side to deepen the kiss. Your body melted into the blankets underneath you while he moved closer, partially hovering over you.
The sweet moment was short, but wonderful.

The both of you laid and admired the sky, enjoying the peaceful moment together for quite some time, enamored with the nighttime scene. After a while, until Hoseok made the comment that he was hungry and since he had mentioned it, you too were in the mood for a late-night snack.
"Let's go to Waffle House." Hoseok suggested cheerfully.
You checked the time on your phone to see that it was 3 AM.
"Sounds good to me."

The both of you sat in the small breakfast joint and perused the menus you were given moments earlier. The place was empty, save for one truck driver sitting in a corner booth. The establishment smelled of coffee, bacon, and sausage; the handful of employees working about the open kitchen in a leisurely manner.
"This was a good decision." You told Hoseok. "It's nice and quiet in here."
"Yeah, it is. I guess there's perks to showing up at a 24-hour Waffle House at 3 AM." He chuckled.

The waitress that gave you and Hoseok your menus returned a few minutes later to take your orders. After the menus were handed back to her, you and Hoseok were left to sit and chat while you waited for your food.

"This night has been amazing. I feel like I'm in a movie or something." You chuckled. "One of those movies where the guy spontaneously decides to go somewhere at 2 AM and he and the girl go eat at some 24 hour restaurant and goof around at gas stations. They just drive around the city listening to music and enjoy being in the moment, you know?"
Hoseok sat with his chin rested on his hands, watching you with twinkling eyes.
"You looked so beautiful just then. You should've seen the way your face lit up when you talked about all that."
His straightforward compliment had a light rush of heat tickling your cheeks.
"Adorable." He chuckled lightly.

After a brief fifteen minute wait, your orders were served, fresh off the large stovetop griddle. Your mouth watered as you looked at your steaming dish, grabbing your fork and digging in. Hoseok was quick to follow, a big grin on his face as he rubbed his hands together in anticipation.
"How's yours?" He asked after you had some time to enjoy your first few bites of food.
"It's really good. You want some?"
He nodded and opened his mouth while saying, "Ahh." in the most endearingly adorable manner—classic Hobi. His behavior made you giggle softly while feeding him a bite of your food.
"Mmm!" He hummed enthusiastically. "Here. Now you try mine."
You made a sad attempt at being cute, only halfway copying what Hoseok did. He seemed to like it, as he giggled a bit while giving you a decently-sized bite of his order. You chewed for a moment, nodding and giving him a thumbs up of approval.
"You're the cutest." He gushed.

After eating a delicious breakfast in the early morning hours, you and Hoseok got back into his car and rode around the city while your food settled, admiring how the buildings were lit up and cast a warm glow on everything. Hoseok hummed along to the music playing, occasionally singing as he drove down the empty streets. It was quite the experience to be out so late and be riding on a completely vacant road. It couldn't be a more perfect night.

Your adventure ended around 5 AM when you finally returned home and went to bed, ending your little adventure. That night would always hold a special place in your heart—it was the night you felt the most alive.

_____________________________________
Going out on a whim with someone you love to drive, watch the stars, or eat at a 24-hour restaurant at 2 AM sounds like so much fun 😩 it's straight out of a movie

QOTD: What is your ideal breakfast?

AOTD: I love omelets but I also love a fried egg (or scrambled), sausage links, a piece of toast, and occasionally grits 🤤

DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.