Namjoon ♡ The Little Things

Published: July 17, 2018
Rewritten: May 24, 2023

Word count: 1,803

Domestic, boyfriend quality Joon <3

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

The soles of your shoes dragged heavily across the flooring of your home as you sluggishly made your way inside

The soles of your shoes dragged heavily across the flooring of your home as you sluggishly made your way inside. You had just come home from a long and exhausting day at college. You had a mountain of homework to do and a test to prepare for. Though you didn't feel like it, you immediately went up to your room and started doing your work, knowing that putting it off wouldn't do you any good. You didn't see Namjoon anywhere so you assumed he was either not at home or in his studio. You couldn't be worrying about that though, you needed to get your work done.
Huffing, you dropped down in your office chair, rolling up to the small desk in your room as you pulled out your laptop and started on your seemingly endless amount of homework.

You successfully completed a couple big assignments in an hour and a half, then two brief lessons for another class along with quizzes for each lesson which took another half an hour. However, you weren't done yet; you still had to write part of an essay that was due the following week and study for a test that was coming up in a couple days.
Clicking over to Microsoft Word, you began typing up your essay, getting in a nice rhythm until the sound of the bedroom door opening grabbed your attention. You turned to glance at your room's entrance in time to see Namjoon walk in.
"Hey." He gave you a warm and welcoming smile.
"Hey."
"How long have you been home?" He asked.
"An hour."
"You didn't say hi to me." He frowned.
"I assumed you weren't home or you were in your studio."
"Yeah I was in my studio. You could have stopped in. I missed you." He walked over to you, placing his hands on your shoulders. "So, what are you doing?"
"Homework." You groaned. "I've got more than I can handle."
"I'm sorry. I didn mean to bother you."
"It's alright." You sighed, leaning back against the chair. "I needed a brief distraction."
"What all have you finished?"
"I got two huge assignments done for one class, a couple online lessons and quizzes for another, and now I'm trying to write part of an essay. Then, I need to study for a test."
Namjoon let out a whistle, his brows raised in surprise. "That is a lot."
"I know." You groaned.
"Well, I guess I'll leave you alone and let you finish your work. Let me know if you need any help." He offered kindly.
"You're the best, Joon. I love you."
"I love you too." He grinned showing his dimples briefly before leaving the room.

After a grueling hour of typing and revising, you had a solid half of an essay finished. At that point, you debated about wether or not to take a break. On one hand, you really wanted to spend time with Namjoon, but on the other you still had to study for that test coming up in a couple days and if you take a break now, you might not feel like coming back to it.
It's better to do it now than have to worry about it later. You reminded yourself, heaving a sigh while pulling out your study sheet for the upcoming test. Lucky, some of the questions you already knew well, so that shaved off a bit of time that would otherwise be spent staring at the sheet of paper memorizing answers.
You made a mental note to finish up with test prep as quickly as possible since there were things that needed to be done around the house like dishes and laundry.
You looked over the study sheet for thirty minutes and tested yourself multiple times until you felt prepared enough to call it a day.