Hoseok ♡ Alice in Wonderland AU

Published: October 22, 2018
Rewritten: January 3, 2024

Word count: 4,605

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

♤ ♡ ♧ ♢

"There she is!" One of the knights shouted.
This caused all three of the boys to fall silent, their argument coming to an immediate stop. Now that you were actually face-to-face with the knights, you could see that they weren't people at all, but cards. The only knight who was a human was standing at the front, donning red armor.

"We're screwed now." Yoongi huffed.
"Yeah. No thanks to you two." Namjoon grumbled.
"Taehyung is the one that started it." Yoongi shot back.
"Silence! All of you!" The knight at the front of the group bellowed. "Y/n L/n, you're coming with us by order of The Red King."
"What if I refuse?" You questioned, putting your hands on your hips defiantly.
"Yeah. What if she doesn't wanna go?" Taehyung stepped forward and mimicked you, mirroring your stance.
"Shut it, you lying rat! What happened to you not knowing about her being here?" The knight snarled.
Taehyung was silent.
The knight in charge walked over and grabbed your arms, holding them behind your back so you couldn't move.
"Let go!" You hissed, jerking your shoulders to try and break free, fighting back against him.
Of course, it was no use.
Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung tried to go after him, but the card knights quickly intervened and held them in their places, rendering them immobile.
"Don't take them!" You begged. "You're here for me, right? So leave them be."
"Aw. Sacrificing yourself for your friends. How touching." The knight cooed. "Since I know how strongly The Red King feels about you, I'll let them go."
"Thank you." You sighed.
"Y/n, don't be stupid." Namjoon pleaded.
"It'll be okay. I promise." You gave the three of them a reassuring smile despite your insides feeling like they were twisting.
Somehow, you would find a way out of this.
"Let's go." The red knight ordered.

The boys watched helplessly with broken expressions as you were dragged away, but if you being captured saved them, then it would be worth it.
The red knight tossed you up on a horse and sat in front, grabbing the reins. You cooperated and didn't try to escape, knowing that if you did so, it would result in them going after Namjoon, Yoongi, and Taehyung.

After what felt like hours of staring at the scenery that passed while ultimately waiting for your demise, you arrived at a massive castle with lots of red accents and heart shapes in the towering structure. There was something vaguely familiar about it all, but your memories were still too hazy to properly recall anything. You crossed a drawbridge and entered the enclosed courtyard. Red and white rose bushes dotted the land and heart-shaped trees lined the perimeter of the area.
Hearts seem to be a common feature here. You noted.
The information wasn't important, but you'd do anything to keep your mind off what lied ahead.

The horse came to a stop and the red knight dismounted, pulling you back to reality.
"Come with me." He instructed, though he didn't give you time to move on your own accord as he forcefully pulled you off the horse. His hands held your wrists behind your back, keeping them tightly bound while he shoved you inside the towering castle.
As you walked past the entryway and down a hallway, you realized that you were about to meet The Red King face-to-face-and that terrified you. What little you had heard about him was enough to make you anxious. If he sent a giant beast after you, he couldn't be a very nice guy.