Namjoon ♡ Soft Mornings

Published: October 1, 2018
Rewritten: October 18, 2023

Word count: 670

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Your eyes opened sluggishly, still weighed down with the remnants of sleep

Your eyes opened sluggishly, still weighed down with the remnants of sleep. Pushing yourself up into a sitting position, you huffed out a sigh and stared blankly at the foot of the bed for a few moments as you tried to wake up a bit before stretching your stiff muscles. Once your hazy, drowsy daze wore off, you then turned your gaze to the man laid out beside you. Your boyfriend, Namjoon, was lying on his stomach fast asleep, his tan back on full display as the comforter rested right at his waist. A soft smile crept onto your face at the sight of him, taking a moment to admire his sleeping figure. Reaching over, you played with his hair at the back of his head, running your fingers through the silky umber strands, being gentle with your actions. The palm of your hand trailed down the broad expanse of his back, caressing up and down his spine a few times. You laid back on the soft mattress and wrapped your arms around Namjoon before placing delicate kisses along his shoulder blades.
He sighed softly into the pillow and shifted a little in his slumber. You then started running your hands up and down his back again, this time applying light pressure to his muscles which you knew were more than likely sore from all the choreography practice.
Namjoon let out a light groan, turning his head towards you with a heavy-eyed gaze.

"Good morning, baby." You greeted.
"Good morning to you too, sweetie." His voice was deeper than usual and laced with drowsiness.
Namjoon's naturally low voice was alluring on any normal day, but his morning voice was huskier and made anything he said sound sexier, making your stomach flip and your heart race.
He sluggishly rolled over onto his back and reached his arm out to wrap it around your waist and tug you closer to him.
"How did you sleep?" You asked him, pushing some of your messy bedhead out of your face.
"Good."
"Did you have sweet dreams?"
"I did, but waking up was better than the dreams." He flashed you a charming dimpled grin. "Much better."
"Oh really? How so?"
His grin grew in size which made his dimples indent deeper into his cheeks. "I get to see you."
"So cheesy." You suppressed a laugh.
"Why does it seem like you're getting flustered then, hm?" He raised a perfectly-shaped brow.
"Because it's you that's saying it."
He released a low chuckle, lightly ghosting his fingertips up and down your arm. The faintest hint of a smirk played at your lips while your heart was doing front flips in your chest. This man always knew know to drive you crazy.

Namjoon's tongue darted out to lick his full and tantalizingly plush lips that drew you in like a siren song.
"I really wanna kiss you right now, baby." He admitted in that low, husky voice that made your knees weak.
"Why don't you?" You challenged.
"Morning breath." A tiny smile spread across his lips.
"You know I don't care."
"Yeah, but you deserve only the freshest, mintiest kiss."
"Alright. Let's go brush our teeth. Then you can kiss me as many times as your little heart desires." You murmured, running your hand up his bare chest.
"Maybe later. I still haven't fully woken up."
"What about breakfast, then? You want some food or just coffee?"
"Neither. What I really want is to stay here and cuddle with you for a little while." He brought his hand back to rest on your waist. "If that's okay." He added, seconds later.
"It is."
"Good." He placed a soft kiss on your cheek before pulling you into his embrace and holding you with his massive arms.
Your head rested on his upper chest, appreciating the fact that he had been working out so much.
"If I accidentally go back to sleep it's your fault." You murmured, your voice muffled by his large chest.
"That's fine with me."

_____________________________________
DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.