Yoongi ♡ Good vs Evil

I ran back to my apartment and climbed up the fire escape. I nearly collapsed as I made it through my bedroom window. I hissed as a I felt a sharp pain go up my side. I stripped my suit off and went to the bathroom. A huge bruise could be seen on my ribs. I glanced up in the mirror and noticed a scratch on my cheekbone. I sighed and grabbed some ointment. I placed a small bandage over it and walked into my room where I changed into some comfortable clothes. I took a seat on my bed and flipped on the tv.

"Once again the mysterious Miss Thunderbolt has saved the city from yet another villain attack."

I sighed and shut off the tv not wanting to hear about all that anymore.

(I know the superhero name is lame. Just ignore it ok?)

I looked over at the clock and frowned. 10:00. I have college tomorrow. I could skip but I probably shouldn't. I can't get behind on school work, especially with this superhero thing I have going.

***

I walked into college lugging my books with me. I'm hoping no one can see the cut across my cheek, I covered it up the best I could. As for my side I just hope no one bumps into me because that bruise is more sensitive today than it was yesterday.
I rushed into class and sat down. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling through social media. Of course there was videos and pictures from yesterday.

Miss Thunderbolt is my hero!

I wonder who Miss Thunderbolt is?

She's amazing! I can't believe she kicks butt all the time AND has a regular life.

I smiled at my phone like an idiot. This always makes it worth it.

"Hey Y/n." A deel voice spoke quietly from behind me.

I turned around and saw Yoongi, my eyes followed him as he took a seat next to me.

"Hi Yoongi." I smiled softly, my heart racing.

Yoongi is a classmate of mine. We share a couple classes together. We're not friends really, just acquaintances. We speak to each other sometimes and have had a few conversations, but nothing more than that. I wish I could talk to him and develop a friendship but I get too nervous around him.

Class started shortly after everyone made it to the classroom. I couldn't really focus. I don't know if it's the fact that my side is hurting or the fact that Yoongi is sitting right next to me.
I need to attempt to talk to him.

You got this Y/n. You can do it. After school you can ask him if he wants to go to eat somewhere.

***

The last class of the day had finally arrived. The first and last classes are the only two that I share with Yoongi. I spent the whole class time figuring out what to say to him.

"Okay that's all for today. I'll see you guys next time." My teacher said.

Yoongi started to gather his stuff. I quickly gathered my belongings and stood up. Yoongi was already walking out the door. I hurried and followed him out. He seemed to be walking rather fast.

"Um. Y-Yoongi?"

He stopped and turned around looking a bit surprised.

"Y/n. Hey."
"Hi. Um you mind if we walk together for a minute?"
"Not at all."
"Cool." I let out an awkward breathy laugh.

It got really quiet as we left the college building.

"Sooo What are you doing after this?" I asked.
"Probably homework."
"Ah, right. Darn that homework."
He chuckled at my lame response.
"I was just asking because I wanted to see if you wanted to go get something to eat."
"Yeah, sure."
"Wait really?"
"Sure. I'm pretty hungry right now anyway. What did you have in mind?" He asked looking over at me.
"W-well it's kinda lame but there's a good food stand I like to stop at on my way home sometimes."
"That's not lame. I enjoy street food. It's honestly some of the best food out there."

I was actually able to hold a conversation with Yoongi without getting too nervous.

"Ah, there it is." I pointed to the food stand.

We made our way over and the lady that works the stand smiled at me.

"Y/n nice to see you again."
"Hello Mrs. Lee, nice to see you too."
"Who is this handsome man? New boyfriend?"
"Ah! N-no we're just friends." I blushed.
"Ahhh I see." She grinned and gave us both a look.
Yoongi chuckled lightly.
"Did you see the news yesterday?" She asked me. "Miss Thunderbolt saved the city again."
"Yes I did." I grinned.

Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"What? You don't like her?" I asked looking over at him.
"Oh." He looked surprised as if he didn't mean to scoff out loud. "She's okay I guess." He shrugged.
"Oh..." I trailed off.
"Alright so will you have today? The usual?" Mrs. Lee asked changing the subject.

I mouthed a thank you to her from saving me from that awkward situation.

"For me, yes. What about you Yoongi?"
"What's your usual?" He asked me.
"Oh, tteokbokki. It's my favorite."
"I'll have that as well. It's been a while since I had tteokbokki."

Mrs. Lee prepared our food and handed it to us. I reached into my purse to get my wallet but Yoongi already handed over cash.

"Oh! Yoongi you didn't have to do that, I'm the one who invited you out."
"It's okay. I don't mind." He grinned.
"Oh look at that. What a well mannered young man." Mrs. Lee beamed. "You'd better hold onto him Y/n." She winked.
"M-Mrs. Lee!"
"I'm only joking sweetheart." She chuckled.

We said goodbye to Mrs. Lee and left.

"Mmm! Mrs. Lee makes the best tteokbokki." I bragged as I took another bite of the spicy rice cake.
"Yeah it is pretty good. I can see why you like to stop there. The food is great and she's really nice."
"Yeah she is." I chuckled.
"You wanna go sit on that bench?" Yoongi asked gesturing to a small park bench nearby.
I nodded.

We took a seat and continued to eat. I looked up when I noticed Yoongi staring at me.

"What? Oh no do I have something on my face?"
"No." He smiled. "I just noticed you have a scratch or something on your cheekbone." He reached out and touched it but I flinched away.
"Yeah I uh... have a cat."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah. She was in a bad mood."
"I see." He said looking away.

We didn't speak much after that. Yoongi only spoke up to offer to throw away our paper bowls and chopsticks to which I thanked him.

The sun was setting low in the sky. I knew I'd have to go home soon.

"The sunset is pretty." I spoke up.
"Yeah it is." He smiled softly. "I don't ever sit and enjoy things like this."
"Really? I watch the sunset every chance I get. It's so beautiful."
"Maybe I should start watching the sunset more often." He sighed in concert and glanced down at his watch. "Oh no!"
"What is it?" I asked alarmed.
"I just remembered I have to... go and... do my homework."
"Oh y-yeah homework. I totally forgot about that."
"Yeah... thanks for inviting me out. I had a good time."
"Sure thing." I said.
"Bye Y/n."
"Bye Yoongi."

I watched as he ran down the street disappearing in the shadows.

________________

Before y'all start spamming me with comments, I already wrote a part 2

I'll post it in a couple days :3