Yoongi ♡ Campus Witch

Published: November 17, 2018
Rewritten: January 9, 2024

Word count: 2,040

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Min Yoongi. He was a student attending your college. Long, black hair, sharp, catlike eyes, the prettiest button nose, and soft-looking pink lips—well, that's how you saw him. Everyone else seemed to see him as an outcast of sorts. He's relatively quiet and usually kept to himself. You had never seen him talk to anyone except the teachers. Then again, no one ever approached him or struck up a conversation. In fact, you'd heard a rumor or two that he was a witch or something. Truthfully you weren't sure where that even came from and, frankly, you didn't believe anyone that said it.
Personally, you thought it rude of people to make up things about others just because they've never spoken to them and they "seem sketchy". That's not a valid reason to assume someone is a witch.
You chuckled at the thought. How silly.
Min Yoongi was not a witch. If anything, you assumed he was just antisocial and had uncommon interests.

You ambled across campus, headed towards the cafe in the student center to grab a coffee. It was a place you frequented when you needed a caffeine fix, and the coffee wasn't half bad. Following the sidewalks paved throughout the campus grounds, you rounded a corner only to bump into someone, the sound of books falling to the ground.

"Oh!" The exclamation left you upon impact and you stumbled back a bit.
Lifting your gaze, you got a look at who you had just bumped into.
Yoongi.
"I'm so sorry." You began apologizing profusely, squatting on the ground to help him pick up his things.
"No. I got it." He cut in, hastily gathering his items off the concrete sidewalk.

Amongst the fallen textbooks, you noticed a small leather-bound book with metallic gold designs and symbols on it mixed with some papers that had strange words scrawled on them in messy handwriting.

Your brows furrowed at the sight of the strange book and parchment on the ground. Yoongi was quick to snatch them up, not giving you a chance to get a better look at them.
If you didn't know any better, you'd say that leather book looked like a grimoire. The thoughts were quickly pushed to the back of your mind. For all you knew, it could've just been a journal with a cover designed to have the appearance of a spell book.

"I was actually headed to get some coffee. You wanna tag along? I'd be more than happy to pay for it. It's the least I can do."
"No." He mumbled.
"I insist."
"It'd be best if no one sees you with me. It might ruin your reputation."
"Reputation?" You started to laugh. "I don't have a reputation nor do I care to have one. I feel bad for making you drop your things and I want to make up for it."
"It's fine. I don't need your help. I need to go anyway." He walked off in a hurry, not letting you say anything else.

A sigh of defeat was expelled from you, your shoulders slumping as you proceeded towards the cafe to order yourself a coffee. While placing the order, you got one for Yoongi too, hoping to see him and get another chance to talk.
With two caffeinated beverages in hand, you made your way across campus, trying to locate the mysterious man. It was a long shot, but maybe you'd find him around somewhere. After all, it hadn't been that long since you had ran into him.
You headed in the direction he took off in a few minutes earlier, choosing that as your starting point.