BTS ♡ When They're Insecure

Published: November 19, 2018
Rewritten: February 22, 2024

Total word count: 4,000

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊 정국  w.c. 800
The boys walked off stage, all seven of them covered in a heavy layer of sweat that glistened under the colorful stage lights. They all wore fatigued expressions on their otherwise perfect faces, Jungkook looking the worst. His eyelids were droopy and he was panting heavily, his chest and shoulders heaving up and down with each labored breath he took. He wasn't even walking straight, his body swayed ever so slightly as his feet dragged along the concrete floor.

"Jungkook?" You rushed up to him just as he staggered, leaning almost all of his weight on you.
"Jungkook!" The volume of your voice rose along with your panic.
"Need. Air." He huffed.
You assisted in guiding him to the green room where he slumped down in a nearby chair. Staff members rushed over with handheld fans and a bottle of cold water which Jungkook eagerly swiped, unscrewing the cap and chugging the refreshing liquid as fast as he could.
One of the male staff members held a wet cloth, pushing Jungkook's sweaty hair off his forehead and placing the rag onto his burning skin while another one used canned oxygen, giving Jungkook a few puffs of it. As much as you wanted to intervene and try to help, you chose to give everyone space until your boyfriend was taken care of. After all, they were the professionals.

When the cluster of staff members finally broke apart, you found Jungkook leaned back in the chair with his eyes closed, trying to even out his erratic breathing. After what felt like hours, he looked over at you, still wearing a drained expression.
"What happened?" You asked him.
"I overworked myself." He chuckled lightly.
"It's not something to laugh about. You could have passed out from exhaustion."
"I'm sorry."
You heaved a short sigh. "I'm just glad you're alright."

Ever since the incident at the concert, you've noticed him pushing himself too hard during dance practice. The exhaustion was clear on his face and he showed no signs of slowing down.

You visited the dorms one night, finding Jungkook in the building's gym exercising. You stopped at the door, your fingers resting on the handle as you ogled at the way the muscles in his back and arms flexed with every push up he did.
Pulling your focus back to the task at hand, you entered the gym which grabbed Jungkook's attention, his head raising.
"Hi beautiful." He smiled.
"Hi. Do you mind if we talk?"
"Not at all." He stood up and grabbed a small towel, tossing it around his neck.
You took a seat on a nearby exercise bench, Jungkook lowering himself to sit beside you.
"Ever since the night of the concert, I've noticed you overworking yourself."
"I'm not overworking myself." He chuckled lightly, dabbing the side of his face with the towel.
"I'm worried about you, Jungkook. If there's something going on that's making you push yourself too much, you can tell me."

The silence in the room was heavy while you waited for a response. Jungkook's expression was unreadable, though it seemed like he was debating on telling you the truth or not.