Jin ♡ Proposal

Published: June 23, 2018
Rewritten: May 10, 2023

Word count: 1,175

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

The steam built up in the bathroom escaped in billows as you exited the room, using the towel to absorb any excess moisture in your hair

The steam built up in the bathroom escaped in billows as you exited the room, using the towel to absorb any excess moisture in your hair. You had shed your work clothes from the day and taken the most relaxing hot shower, allowing the water to soothe your tight muscles, changing into some cozy clothes afterwards, reveling in the immense comfort they brought you.
It was when you started making your way down the hallway that you smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen, a mouthwatering scent lingering in the air that wasn't present pre-shower.
Poking your head into the kitchen you spotted your longtime boyfriend, Jin, standing over the stove, watching over whatever was cooking.

"That smells incredible." You commented while entering the room.
"It'll taste incredible too."
"What's the occasion?" You inquired, knowing it wasn't often he took the time to cook, as you both usually ordered delivery because of convenience.
He shrugged in response. "Just wanted to make a home-cooked meal for my girlfriend."
"Jin." You cooed, walking over to give him a back hug.
He hummed contently. "You smell nice."
"I just got out of the shower." You mumbled into his broad back.
"I knew I smelled that body wash I love so much."
You smiled softly and nuzzled further into his shoulder blade, staying like that for a few moments until he turned in your arms to hug you properly. Your eyelids slid closed as you let your head rest on his broad chest, soaking in the moment.
"Shouldn't you be watching the food?" You asked, not bothering to loosen your hold on him.
"It'll be fine. It's on low heat and it needs to simmer for a while anyway." He dismissed, sliding his hands down your waist, the feeling sending tingles to your stomach.
"How did I get so lucky to be with someone so perfect? You're good-looking, you have an incredible sense of humor, and you can sing. Besides your good looks and killer personality, you can cook too."
"I know, I know. I can do it all, can't I?" He grinned proudly.
"You sure can." You smiled, cupping his cheek only to give it a light squeeze.
"Oh! I just remembered I have something for you." He grinned, his eyes glimmering with excitement. "Stay here."
He scampered out of the room quickly and left you to ponder to yourself.
There's no special occasion you had forgotten about, was there?
No. You thought. Your anniversary was just a couple months ago and you both got each other a gift and had a memorable date night.
What could he have for me? You wondered.

"Close your eyes." He instructed from outside the kitchen.
You did as you were told, keeping your eyes shut tight, listening to his feet shuffle closer.
"Alright, hold out your hands."
You held them out with your palms up, feeling something being placed into your hands, taking a moment to feel of the item, immediately recognizing it as fabric. So, he got you some sort of clothing.
"Okay. Open your eyes." You could clearly hear the smile in his voice. He was so excited for whatever it was he could hardly stand it.
Slowly, you peeled your eyes open, being met with the sight of Jin standing before you. He donned a shirt that said Mr. Worldwide Handsome on it, the sight making you chuckle. That was very on-brand for him.
You then looked down to see a t-shirt in your own hands, unfolding it to see what was printed on the front.