Jungkook ♡ Camping

Published: July 12, 2018
Rewritten: May 24, 2023

Word count: 2,350

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Your boyfriend of two years had somehow successfully talked you into taking a camping trip with him for the weekend

Your boyfriend of two years had somehow successfully talked you into taking a camping trip with him for the weekend. Now, you weren't the outdoorsy type. Taking walks through nature was fine, but sleeping outside overnight in a tent wasn't really your cup of tea, and yet here you were preparing for just that.

"Do you have everything packed?" Jungkook asked from another room in the house.
"Yeah I think so. Hang on." Your eyes moved down the list of things to pack. "Tent, snacks, cooler, drinks, sunscreen, bug repellant, blankets, sleeping bag..." You mumbled to yourself, dragging your index finger down the page.
"Babe." Jungkook's voice was now in the room.
"Yes?" You turned to look at him.
"Do you have everything packed?"
"I said hang on. I was double checking the list."
"Oh, sorry. I was down the hall. I didn't hear you."
"It's alright. To answer your question, yes I have everything."
"Alright. Let's pack it up in the car and go." He prompted, grabbing armfuls of luggage.
"Hey, hey, hey. Let me help." You offered, trying to stop him.
"I got it." He said while walking off.
He had two duffle bags hanging from one arm, a mini cooler hanging from the other and each of your sleeping bags in his hands. He was carrying it all like it was nothing.
"At least let me get the door." You offered, running ahead of him to pull it open before he could try to do it himself, watching him as he walked to the car and loaded the items inside, showing absolutely no signs of strain or struggle.

Before leaving, you triple checked the list, making sure everything written on the paper was packed in the vehicle, not wanting to forget anything that you might need.
"We're good to go." You nodded, giving a thumbs up.
"Perfect. You ready?"
"Mhm."
The both of you hopped in the car and set off towards your destination.
"I can't believe you talked me into going on a camping trip." You chuckled softly.
"You'll be glad I did."
"I hope so."
Even though camping wasn't your thing, you still kept an open mind. Plus, you'd be with Jungkook and things were always fun when you were spending time with him.

Your destination was a local campground located just an hour outside the city. Not long after you drove past the entrance you spotted multiple families setting up camp at their designated areas, each space marked by a post with a number on it. Jungkook continued ahead down the dirt road until he got to your designated camping spot, parking near a tree.
The both of you got out and started unloading your things from the trunk.
"This place is actually kinda nice." You observed, noticing the wooden picnic table and brick fire pit. There was even a couple planks of wood being used as makeshift benches on either side of the fire pit.
"We should go ahead and set up the tent." Jungkook recommended. "That's the most important thing."
You helped him pull the compact tent out of the back of the car, laying it out on the ground nearby and pulling it out of its storage bag.
Instant regret washed over you at the daunting sight lying in the grass before you; pieces of poles for the framing, ropes, stakes, and the water resistant covering of the tent itself. Taking in a deep breath of preparation, you pulled the instruction booklet from the storage bag and started flipping through it while Jungkook sorted through the pieces.
"Alright. Where do we start?" He asked.
You hummed as your eyes scanned the pages covered in too many words and not enough pictures. "The instructions say to lay down the base first, then stake it down to keep it in place and start unfolding the pole segments." You read. "After that, you slide the poles into the sleeves on the outer edges of the tent."
"Got it." Jungkook started getting to work right away, clearing debris from the ground before grabbing the tarp-like base and laying it across the grass.