Hoseok ♡ Bagging Up Smiles | Run BTS AU

Published: October 9, 2018
Rewritten: November 8, 2023

Word count: 1,031

Series based on Run BTS episodes 47-48

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

A feeling of dread washed over you while you headed to the local grocery store

A feeling of dread washed over you while you headed to the local grocery store. You had put off buying necessities for so long that you had a list of at least 30 items. It wasn't a big deal in the moment when you made the excuse that you were too busy or didn't feel like it and now those stupid decisions were coming back to bite you in the butt.

Once parked in front of the grocery store, you stepped out of your car and pushed the door closed.
"Alright. Let's get this over with."
As soon as you stepped foot in the store, you headed directly to the aisles where your grocery items were located. Taking a brief glance at your list, you started scanning the shelves for whichever item was in that area.
There was only one thing on your mind and that was getting in and out as fast as possible.

"Cookie dough mix." You mumbled. "Where is the cookie dough mix?"
Once you spotted what you were looking for, you grabbed a couple packs and tossed them into the cart before making your way to the refrigerated section to get a carton of eggs, milk, and cheese slices.
You were perusing the fruit when you heard a rather loud laugh that grabbed your attention. Lifting your head, you saw a man at one of the front registers. There was an older lady checking out and they were both laughing, him louder than her. He had a big, gleaming smile on his face that had your heart melting on the spot.
Choosing not to get distracted by the cute grocery store boy at the register, you made it your mission to finish shopping so you could hurry and check out. You didn't want to be in the store forever.

As soon as the last item on your list was placed into the cart, you made your way to the registers. Spotting the one where the handsome worker stood, you pushed your cart over to his lane.
He greeted you with a friendly smile as you began placing your items on the conveyor belt.
"How did you find everything?" He asked.
"Gorgeous. Ah! I mean good. It was good."
He laughed softly, amused at your embarrassing slip up and started scanning your items.
"Good."
While he searched for a barcode on one of your items, you took the opportunity to sneak a peek at his name tag, wanting to put a name to his beautiful face.
Hoseok.
"I haven't seen you around here before." You mentioned, attempting to start a conversation.
"You haven't? I've been working here for almost a month."
It had been about a month since your last grocery trip.
"Ah. Well, it's been a while since I last went out for a grocery run. You know, procrastination and all that good stuff." You gestured to the air.
"Ah yes." He chuckled, scanning one of your packages of cookie dough mix. "Procrastination will definitely prevent you from doing what has to be done."
"Absolutely." You finished clearing your cart and pushed it to the end of the checkout counter to start gathering the groceries that had already been bagged.
"I haven't been working here for too long, but I never forget a face, so if you shopped here before, I'd remember. Especially someone as pretty as you."
"Pardon?" You blinked, unsure if you heard him correctly.
"Oh." His eyes widened. "Did I say that out loud?"
You nodded bashfully.
An evident blush creeped up his cheeks.
"I'm sorry. That was unprofessional of me."
"Don't worry about it." You waved your hand as if to dismiss his comment.
It really wasn't a big deal. If anything, it was flattering.
When the awkward moment passed, he gave you your total which made your face twist.
"Geez." You mumbled, pulling out your credit card.
"Sorry if the prices aren't low enough for your liking." He apologized.
"No, no, no. It's not that. The prices are fine, it's just... I didn't know, I got so many groceries. Like I said earlier, I haven't been grocery shopping in almost a month so I accumulated a large list."
"Right. The procrastination." He nodded with a light chuckle. "Thank goodness you shopped here because, you know." He pointed to a sign hanging up in the store with a slogan on it. "Our prices are the lowest in town. Guaranteed!" He grinned.
You started laughing, amused and endeared by his sunny personality. No wonder that woman was laughing. The two of them were probably having a delightful conversation. You didn't know much about Hoseok, but he definitely seemed like the type of person that could get along with anyone.

He handed you your receipt with a smile and wished you a nice day.
"Next time you're here make sure you come to my register." He added.
"Sure thing, Hoseok." You smirked coyly after using his name.
His jaw dropped. "Hey, that's not fair. I have a name tag." He pouted adorably. "Now you have to give me your name."
"It's Y/n." You said over your shoulder, pushing your cart out of the store.
"I'll see you around, Y/n!" He called.

After loading all the groceries into the trunk of the car, you pushed your cart to one of the cart return stations in the parking lot and hopped into the drivers seat. You started the engine and went to put your receipt in your wallet when you saw something written on it that grabbed your attention.

Give me a call if you need help putting away your groceries.
- Hoseok

He had written his number down on the back of your receipt. You huffed out a light titter at the silly note written above his phone number. You had no idea when he did that. Maybe while you were placing bags of groceries into the cart. That's the only moment you could recall where you back was turned and you weren't looking at him.
A smile made its way onto your face as you slipped the receipt into your wallet, reminding yourself to give the grocery store cashier a call later that evening.

_____________________________________
DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.