Namjoon ♡ Intelligent

Published: June 22, 2018
Rewritten: May 3, 2023

Word count: 1,557

This book is for users 14+ ONLY!
DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14. I'm an adult and am not comfortable with kids reading my stuff or interacting with it

 I'm an adult and am not comfortable with kids reading my stuff or interacting with it

"Namjoon!" You waved at your best friend in greeting.
"Hi, Y/n." He smiled showing off his oh-so-cute dimples.
"I missed you." You said, pulling him into a hug.
"You just saw me yesterday." He pointed out.
"Yeah, but I always miss you."

Namjoon had been your best friend since high school. You were inseparable from the day you met and now attend the same college together, which was perfect. You made sure to match schedules and get all the same classes together. He's a smart person and often helped you with you homework—especially math.
Back in high school, he used to get called a nerd because of his high IQ which infuriated you. Personally, you thought it was better to be smart. After all, you'd rather be smart than dumb.
Things were great now that both of you were in college, in fact, they couldn't be better. No one really cares what you do and things that mattered in high school are insignificant: cliques, what you wear, wether you play sports or not, and so on. It's way different from high school and much more laid back in your opinion. People could care less if you won prom king or queen, if you were popular, or if you were voted as the most talented in school, none of that mattered because this was a new chapter in life.

You and Namjoon always carpooled to college together, taking turns driving; one day you would drive him, the next day he'd drive you. Today, it was his turn.
He opened the door for you, allowing you to get inside and buckle up before closing it and heading over to his side, sliding into the seat with a grunt. He had just got his license the summer before enrolling in college, so driving back and forth to school was a great opportunity for him to practice.
He looked especially cute that day, sporting a navy and white striped shirt and black glasses that framed his face nicely. A strong feeling of adoration bubbled inside you and you couldn't help but smile softly to yourself.
"What?" He asked when he noticed you staring.
"Nothing." You murmured, looking straight ahead.

Upon arriving at the university, you walked closely beside Namjoon on your way to your first class of the day. When you got to your designated classroom you both took your seats in the back, sitting in desks right beside each other.
"Are you ready for that exam?" Namjoon questioned. "We studied all weekend."
You spent Saturday and Sunday poring over notes from class, skimming your textbook and rereading past lessons in preparation for the exam, though sometimes you'd get distracted. But Namjoon was always good to reel you back in and pull your focus back to the task at hand. He had great leadership skills.
"I'm gonna ace it, there's no way I can't." You grinned confidently, dusting off your shoulders.
"I love your positivity, Y/n." He smiled, showing off those adorable dimples of his.