Hoseok ♡ Harry Potter AU

"Look Y/n here he comes." Yoongi nudged me.
"Shut up." I grumble.

I try to look away as the oh so cheerful Hoseok prances towards me.

"Hello Y/n-ah!" He beams.
"Hello Hoseok. What do you want?"
"I just wanted to tell you that your hair looks good today."
"Thanks." I say and try not to blush.

Hoseok does this all the time. He runs up to me every day and annoys the crap out of me. Well... sometimes. His peppiness is kind of cute and somewhat contagious. Sometimes he's annoying but sometimes he's so cute. I can't let anyone know though, especially Yoongi. He'd kill me if he knew I'd gone soft. I can hear him now.

"Slytherin aren't supposed to be soft."

I push away the thought and look at Hoseok.

"Is that all?" I ask trying to sound uninterested.
"Yes. I'll see you in transfiguration class Y/n~" he waved and skipped off.
"What an obnoxious softie." Yoongi snorts.
"Yeah." I mutter and walk off to my next class.

I'm a little sick and tired of putting on this lame act. Why are Slytherins automatically expected to be mean? That's super lame. The only other Slytherin I know that's nice is Jimin. Yoongi is nice sometimes but most of the time he's a butt. I don't even know why we're friends.

I can't help but visibly relax when I enter transfiguration class. This is one of the few classes I don't share with Yoongi. I can actually be myself when I'm not around him.

I see Hoseok sitting at a table with an empty chair next to him. When he sees me he waves me down immediately.

"Y/n-ah!" He grins.
I shyly wave and make my way over.

"Hi Hoseok."
"How are you today?"
"I'm good." I lie.
"That's good."

I start to mess with my wand twirling it between my fingers.

"Y/n you act different when you're not around Yoongi." He says causing me to nearly drop my wand.
"What makes you say that?" I ask.
"Your obvious attitude change makes me say that."

He's a sharp one.

"It's nothing." I shrug.
"Okay. I won't force you to tell me something you don't want to tell." He grinned and ruffled my hair.
"Thanks." I breathe a sigh of relief.

Class starts and I can't help but feel a little upset for not letting Hoseok know what's wrong. I want to tell him because I don't want him feeling bad when I ignore him or brush him off in front of Yoongi. Maybe I should postpone telling him for a little while.

Today's lesson ended early, so the class had some free time to talk and hang out.

"Y/n do you want to sit with me at dinner tonight?" Hoseok asked.
"Um. No I'd better not."
"Why?" He asked tilting his head.
"Uh.... well..."
"Ah it's because a tough Slytherin shouldn't be seen around a soft Hufflepuff isn't it?" He asked in a joking manner.
"Um. Yeah kind of like that." I looked down at the desk and sighed.
"Do you just not like me?" He asked.

I looked over and noticed that he looked a bit sad. It hurt to see him look so upset.

"No. That's not it. I like you a lot. It's just... well there's other reasons, I just don't know if I can say them."
"Ah." He nodded. "I understand."

Class ended and Hoseok went up to his dorm to relax. I on the other hand decided to go somewhere by myself and get my thoughts in order.

I sat in a secluded spot of Hogwarts and stared out the window. I couldn't stop thinking about Hoseok. He used to be annoying, but now he's just annoyingly cute. I think I love him. I have to tell him now.

"Hey Y/n." Yoongi walks up startling me a little.
"Oh. Yoongi! Hi."
"Let me guess, you came up here to get a break from Hoseok?"
"No."
"What?"
"No. I didn't come up here to get a break from Hoseok. I'm just... thinking."
"About what?"
"Things." I answer vaguely.
"What kind of things? C'mon Y/n you're acting weird." Yoongi said.
"I like Hoseok okay?"
"You what?"
"I like Hoseok. He's not a bad person. I find him very tolerable."
"Tolerable? Are you serious?"
"Yes."
"You're ridiculous Y/n." He laughed. "Do you love him or something?"
"Yes."
"What?"
"Yes I love Hoseok."
"You're insane."
"No. I'm not."
"Y/n you can't be serious."
"I am."
"You can't be with a Hufflepuff. They're weak."
"I don't care. Think about it Yoongi. Does it make sense for us to avoid opposing houses? We should be able to love whoever we want."

Yoongi looked at me. He seemed angry but I could tell he was letting my words sink in.

"Have you ever liked someone in another house?"

He stared and didn't speak for a long time.

"There's... a Ravenclaw I like. She's... very pretty." He admitted.
"So you understand. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go."

I ran off to the Hufflepuff dorms. I knocked on the entryway. A random student answered the door.

"I-is Hoseok in there?" I asked.
"Yeah. He's up in his room."
"Could I see him?"
"Sure." She stepped aside and let me in.

I headed up into his dorm where he was laying down on his bed looking quite sleepy.

His eyes drifted over to me and he immediately lit up.

"Y/n!"
"Hi Hoseok. I need to talk to you."
"Sure. Have a seat."

I sat down next to him.

"I want to talk to you about earlier, when I was so quiet in class."
"Yes?"
"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry I'm not always nice to you."
"That's okay Y/n. You have to pretend you can't stand me when you're around Yoongi because he'll think you've gone soft or something right?"

My eyes widened. He got it right. Exactly right.

"H-How did you know?"
"I just had a feeling." He shrugged.
"Hoseok I know I've not had the closest relationship with you, but I like you a lot. I actually love you."

He smiled brightly.

"I love you too. I've had the biggest crush on you. I tried to make it obvious by complementing you all the time. I guess you didn't get the message." He chuckled.
"I-um." I was a loss for words. I didn't know what to say.
"You're so cute." He giggled and kissed my cheek.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Did I freak you out? I'm sor-"

I cut him off by kissing him on the lips. My eyes fluttered closed as I felt him kiss back.
The kiss was short but very enjoyable.

"Y/n do you like me?" He asked smiling cutely.
"Didn't the kiss give you a clear answer?"
"I don't know I think you'll have to kiss me again."

I rolled my eyes and giggled before kissing him again.

"Okay I think that's a yes." He said when I pulled away.
"You're so goofy but I love you for it." I laughed and laid my head on his chest.