Namjoon ♡ Blood Bags | Vampire AU

Published: October 31, 2018Rewritten: January 20, 2024

Rewritten: January 20, 2024

Word count: 1,900

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

(۵)

"Sneak attack!" You exclaimed while jumping onto Namjoon's back.
"Woah there!" He chuckled, placing his hands underneath your thighs to keep you from sliding off.
"Sorry, I thought you knew I was running up behind you." You murmured, clinging tightly to him like a koala.
"I may have heightened senses, but sometimes you can catch me off guard."
"Woah. Namjoon the oh-so-powerful vampire with all these special abilities was caught off guard?" You teased lightheartedly.
"Hey, vampires allowed to be distracted too."
He got a better grip on your thighs and hoisted you higher onto his back before continuing to walk forward.

The both of you went on a spontaneous outing that day, doing whatever you felt like. From stopping to check out small shops to visiting local art galleries. It was a wonderful day filled with new memories you would cherish for a lifetime, though something had been slightly off. Namjoon seemed a little distracted or unfocused at times. You would make a comment about something you found in a shop and his response would be delayed or he would just hum and give a small nod. Assuming he just had something weighing on his mind, you brushed it off and decided to bring it up later that evening.

Your impromptu outing had lasted the entire day and you were on your way home just as the sun started to set, painting the sky in various pastel hues of pink and purple. Namjoon cast his eyes upon the scenery above and thought of the perfect way to end your date.

"Would you like to stop and watch the sunset?" He asked.
"I'd love to."
You slid off his back and the both of you went to find a grassy area to view the natural phenomenon. A shallow hill is where you found yourself sitting a few short moments later, the lush grass soft underneath you as you got comfortable on the ground.
The colors above had shifted from a pale pastel to a vivid mix of fuchsia, purple, and orange that streaked the sky like strokes from a paintbrush.
"Wow. It's stunning. I love how you can see all the different colors." You marveled.
"Yeah. It's really pretty."
"Just a couple minutes ago the colors were pale and now they're so rich and vibrant."
Namjoon hummed. "It's interesting how a sunset can change so quickly."
As the sun dipped lower beyond the horizon, the colors in the sky became even more vibrant. Sunsets like those were your favorite, though they were hard to catch since they didn't always look that saturated.