Jimin ♡ House Party

Published: June 23, 2018
Rewritten: May 10, 2023

Word count: 2,570

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"Come on, Y/n. It's just a party."
"Yeah, with drugs and alcohol." You retorted.
"You're old enough to drink."
"That's not the point. There'll be a lot of underage teenagers there."
"So? If they're drinking that's not our problem."
"What if the cops show up? We'd be arrested for just being there. I can't go to jail."
F/n rolled her eyes while suppressing an amused chuckle. "You worry too much."
"I'm just being cautious."
"Call it what you want, Y/n. If you're not going to the party I'll go by myself."
"That's fine with me. I'm perfectly content staying home." You sighed, leaning back on the pillows of your bed.
"Alright then. I guess you don't get to see Jimin."
"Jimin?" You parroted, sitting upright in shock.
"Yeah. I didn't mention he was going to be there, did I?"
"No."
"It'd be a shame if you didn't go and some girl tried to get with him."
"What? I mean... I don't care. He doesn't like me like that anyway so it doesn't matter."
"You never know, Y/n." F/n sang.
You pressed your lips together, staring at your friend who was watching you with eyes gleaming in anticipation.
"Screw it, I'm going." You threw your hands up in surrender, stalking over to the closet.
"That's the spirit! I have the perfect outfit for you." She beamed, sifting through your clothes.
After a few moments, she pulled out a short black skirt and a spaghetti strap velvet top with a bright smile on her face.
"Um. No." You denied immediately.
"What?" She gaped.
"No offense, F/n, but your outfit choices are a bit too revealing for my taste."
"But these are your clothes." She shot back.
"Yes but I would never wear those two things together. I usually wear a cardigan over that velvet top and a pair of tights under that skirt."
"Point taken. Pick whatever you want. I can't promise that Jimin will notice you, though."
"I don't have to wear revealing clothes for Jimin to notice me. He's talked to me plenty of times and you know what I was wearing? Decent clothes." You sassed.
"Okay okay. Have it your way."
"Thank you." You sighed, turning back to your closet to complete your search for an outfit.
You wanted to wear something that looked nice, but was comfortable.

In the end, you decided to compromise and wear the black skirt F/n picked out for you, but chose to wear tights under it like you normally would. You don't usually wear skirts, which is why you didn't own many of them, but since you'd be attending a party you thought maybe you should wear one for this occasion. In your closet, you found a nice top that paired well with the skirt and settled on wearing your Doc Martens with the ensemble you'd put together. You left the room to try on the outfit and see if it looked okay or if you needed to choose something else.
To your surprise, what you picked out looked like something you'd see on someone's fashion inspiration board on Pinterest or even a fashion blog
Wow. You thought to yourself, smoothing out the skirt and silently praising your style skills.
After assessing your appearance, you returned to your bedroom where F/n's jaw immediately dropped when she saw you.
"Woah. You look so good." She squeaked.
"Thanks. You know, you need to give me more credit when it comes to style." You teased, moving over to your vanity to start on your hair and makeup.