Jimin ♡ Haunted | Ghost AU

Published: November 12, 2018
Rewritten: February 9, 2024

Word count: 1,950

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Lugging around heavy boxes and doing arduous labor was nothing compared to the elation and overwhelming sense of accomplishment you were currently feeling

Lugging around heavy boxes and doing arduous labor was nothing compared to the elation and overwhelming sense of accomplishment you were currently feeling. This home was yours and you worked hard for it. After years of working and saving up, you were the proud owner of your very first house.
This was a new chapter. A new beginning.

All of your furniture had been set up and put in its rightful place by the movers. There were still a few boxes left to unpack before you could really call this place "home", but it was all slowly coming together.

Jimin watched from his position on the couch, his eyes following your busy form as you bustled about, moving boxes into your bedroom to start unpacking at a later time. He wished he could help in some way, as it really looked like you needed some assistance, but he didn't want to scare you so he stayed put, opting to quietly observe.

You stood before a cluster of boxes, examining the labels on each one until you located one with the word DISHES written on it in bold Sharpie. Sliding your fingers underneath the box you lifted it off the floor, a grunt accompanying your actions.
Jimin stood up and walked closer to you, his gaze following as you lugged the cardboard box into the kitchen and dropped it onto the counter, the glass inside rattling lightly.
He watched contently as you proceeded to unpack, pulling out dishes and placing them into the cabinets.
He leaned back to rest against what he thought was a wall, but ended up accidentally knocking over a stack of boxes.
Your body flinched as you spun around to see what made the noise. Jimin dematerialized into the air before you could perceive him.
You let out a heavy sigh and placed your hand on your chest, relieved to see that it was just a box that had fallen over.

"That stack must not be as sturdy as I thought." You muttered to yourself. "Unless a ghost knocked it over." You laughed lightly at your own comment.
"It was!" is what Jimin wanted to say, but he chose to stay quiet.
Though you joked about it, the sudden disturbance did startle you. Being in a new home all alone was the slightest bit unsettling, as you weren't used to staying in an empty house all by yourself.
However, this would be your new life so you needed to get used to it.

The rest of the dishes were unpacked over the next half hour, stacked neatly in the cabinets. It was only after your pots and pans were unboxed and put away that you decided to call it a night.
There was still so much to be done, but it was nearing 8:00 PM and it was time to stop for the evening.

You changed out of your day clothes and into some comfortable pajamas, curling up on the couch to watch TV and wind down. The plush cushions against your sore back muscles was a welcomed feeling. You hadn't realized how tired you were.
You watched a couple reruns of a show that ended a few years prior, slowly but surely dozing off. That is, until you heard a noise from down the hall in your room.
Your heart began to race and you jumped to your feet, hastily scanning the area in search of something to defend yourself with. To your dismay, there was nothing that could be used as a weapon, just boxes and a TV remote.
This led you to enter into your bedroom empty-handed. Your vigilant eyes swept the room. Not a single person in sight. You then checked the closet. Nothing.
That's odd. You thought. I could've sworn I heard someone in here.