Jungkook ♡ License & Registration | Run BTS AU

Published: October 6, 2018
Rewritten: November 8, 2023

Word count: 1,361

Series based on Run BTS episodes 47-48

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Your arms were laden with bags of clothes that held all of the goodies you acquired that day

Your arms were laden with bags of clothes that held all of the goodies you acquired that day. It had been a while since you last treated yourself to some new clothes.
You cleaned out your closet, pulling out anything you didn't wear anymore and sold the garments online or to friends. This left you wish some extra cash to buy a totally new wardrobe and have some much needed retail therapy. Seeing as you were carrying multiple bags, you'd say your shopping trip was a success.

The streets weren't as crowded as they normally were, which was rare but much appreciated by you.
While waiting to cross the street, you took notice of an undeniably attractive policeman directing traffic.
The light must not be working. You though to yourself, taking a glance up at the traffic light before moving your gaze back to the handsome man in uniform. He appeared to be younger than most police officers you had seen. Maybe he was new.
He donned a reflective vest on top of his uniform which had short sleeves that showed off his completely tattooed right arm. You had to swallow the drool that was beginning to pool in your mouth at the sight of his muscular biceps. He held up his little red stick light, signaling the oncoming traffic to come to a stop before lifting his free hand and motioned for pedestrians to cross.
You made your way along the crosswalk with a couple other people who had been waiting. As you moved past, you stole a glance at the officer directing traffic, committing every single detail to memory since you knew you wouldn't be seeing him again. Doelike brown eyes, gently rounded nose, slightly pouty lips that drew you in like a moth to a flame.
Wow. What a man.

"Watch out!"
A pair of firm arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you to the side before you could even react to the exclamation. When your mind caught up with what was going on, you let out a shriek and latched onto the thing nearest to you, that being the vest of the police officer who jumped out and saved you from the car that nearly flattened you.
Your chest was heaving up and down from your heavy and erratic breathing while your fingers clung to the fabric of the policeman's reflective vest.
You could have gotten seriously injured if he hadn't pulled you out of the way.
The shopping bags you were previously carrying laid on the asphalt, thankfully unharmed.

"Come here." The officer retrieved the discarded bags and guided you over to the sidewalk away from the road.
The trembling in your knees made it impossible to stand up on your own, so the policeman carefully lowered you to the ground, allowing you to take a seat and calm down.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I think so." You nodded. "I have no idea where that car came from."
"They obviously weren't paying attention." He huffed in annoyance. "I wish these crazy drivers would learn to be responsible."
Releasing a long breath, your trembling hands came up to comb your hair back away from your face.
That was terrifying.
"What's your name?" The policeman asked.
"Y/n."
"I'm officer Jeon. Do you need me to call an ambulance to take you to a hospital and get you checked out?"
"No. I'm fine. Just a little shaken up is all."
"Will you be okay to drive?"
You assured him you'd be fine and gathered your shopping bags which had been placed neatly nearby by the kind man.
"Thank you, officer." You bowed. "You saved my life."
"Just doing my job, miss." He grinned charmingly. "You're sure you're gonna be alright?"
"Yes." You nodded. "I'm sure. Thank you again."

Parting ways with the policeman, you made your way back to your car which was parked nearby and put all of your purchases safely in the backseat.
On the drive back home, your mind kept replaying the events that look place less than ten minutes prior. That whole ordeal was jarring and you couldn't be more thankful that Officer Jeon was there to pull you out of harm's way.
Speaking of the handsome officer, you couldn't get him off your mind either. You were so frazzled you hardly had the time to really process the fact that you were quite literally clinging onto him while he had you in his arms. Sure, he was just doing what any decent human being would do, but being held so closely to him made you feel safe.

The sound of sirens grabbed your attention and pulled you from your hot policeman-filled thoughts. Glancing into your rearview mirror, you were met with the sight of red and blue flashing lights in the distance. Your heart jumped into your throat. Your wide-eyed gaze was quick to dart down to your speedometer to find that you were going 60 miles per hour in a 55 zone. Turning on your blinker, you pulled off on the side of the road, mentally chastising yourself for letting your mind wander while you were driving.
You rolled down your window and turned to address the man.

"Officer, I am so sorry. I didn't reali-" You cut off your own sentence when you saw Officer Jeon standing by your car.
"Y/n, was it?" He asked.
You swallowed, throat suddenly extremely dry.
"Yes." You barely managed to speak.
"Did you know you were going 60?"
"Yes. I'm so sorry. I must have zoned out."
"I see." He nodded. "I thought you said you were okay to drive."
"I was—I am." You paused, gnawing anxiously on your lower lip while you tried to formulate the next words you would say.
"Please step out of the car."
"Okay."
Your hands trembled as you reached out to open the door and step out of the vehicle. Never having been pulled over before, your insides were shaking and your stomach was twisted in knots.

Officer Jeon knew you had just been through a distressing event and he couldn't blame you for being a little distracted. Yes, it was dangerous to be operating a vehicle while preoccupied, but you were only going five miles over the speed limit. It wasn't that big of a deal.

You stared anxiously at the officer, waiting for him to speak.
"Looks like I have to arrest you."
"Arrest me?" Your heart dropped to your feet. People don't get arrested for speeding—do they? Surely not. He hadn't even asked for your license and registration.
"For what?" You questioned, trying to keep your voice steady.
"For being so pretty." He smirked.
"What?" You blinked a few times as if that would help you process what you very clearly perceived.
"You heard me."
Your mouth opened for you to speak only to snap shut when you couldn't formulate a response.
"You were only going five miles over the speed limit, so I'm willing to overlook it... if you'll go on a date with me."
"Date?" You parroted.
"If you're okay with that, of course."
The police officer that you thought was so attractive was asking you out on a date. Of course you were okay with it.
"Yes." You nodded. "Yes I am."
He flashed a smile and handed you a ticket with his phone number scribbled on it.
"How does tomorrow at 6:30 PM sound? We could go out to dinner. I know a good place."
"Sure. That sounds nice."
"Perfect. Just text me and we'll arrange a meet up."
"Okay."
"Have a nice day, Miss Y/n."
"Wait." You called out before he could turn away. "I didn't get your name."
"It's Jungkook." He flashed a cute grin and made his way back to his vehicle.

Ever so slowly, you got back into your own car and sat staring at the wheel in disbelief. Even when Jungkook drove off, you continued to sit, fiddling with the ticket between your fingers.
The only thing you expected to get that day was a new wardrobe. Instead, you got that and a date with an attractive policeman.

_____________________________________
DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.