Namjoon ♡ Love in the Repair Shop | Run BTS AU

Published: October 9, 2018
Rewritten: November 8, 2023

Word count: 1,311

Series based on Run BTS episodes 47-48

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"No, no, no, no, no." You chanted as your vehicle sputtered, making the most atrocious sounds. "Please no. Please just let me get to a gas station or something." You pleaded aloud. "I don't wanna break down on the side of the road. Please."
As if the car heard your begging, the noises ceased and was replaced by the usual hum of the motor.
"Thank goodness." You sighed out.
Maybe now you'd be able to get to a gas station or somewhere safer than the highway.

You proceeded down the road, hoping your car would hold out long enough. To your dismay, about ten minutes later the engine started sputtering again, the sounds of the motor fading in and out. You knew it was on the verge of breaking down.
"Please no." You begged aloud, hoping it would work. "Don't give up on me, buddy. Keep going. I know you've got it in you."
The car started slowing down and pressing the gas wasn't doing a thing. There was no hope. You pulled off on the side of the road just as it gave out completely, the vehicle going silent.
"I guess you don't got it in you." You grumbled, leaning back against the seat.
"Great." You sighed.
Reaching down, you pulled the mechanism that popped the hood and stepped out to see what the damage was. Upon opening the hatch you were met with the sight of a smoking engine. You didn't know very much about cars, but what you did know was that a smoking engine was not good.
Releasing a groan, you slammed the hood shut in an attempt to get out some of your frustration.
"Stupid piece of junk!" You shouted and kicked at one of the tires.

On the bright side, at least it was daytime. If you had gotten stuck on the side of the road at night you'd definitely be freaking out.
Scanning your surroundings, you spotted a nearby sign with different businesses that were on the next exit. One of the places listed was a car shop, however, it was half a mile down the road and you were not walking there.
Using your cell phone, you enabled your location and searched the name of the car shop in hopes to get a number. Thankfully, a contact was listed on their site, which you dialed immediately.

"Grinding Gears auto shop. This is Namjoon."
"Hi. My car just broke down. The engine is toast." You sighed. "Do you guys tow?"
"We do. Where are you at?"
"Half a mile from your shop on..." You glanced around for the nearest sign. "Highway 112."
"Okay. That's not too far. I can be down there with a tow truck in a few minutes."
"Thank you so much."
"Sure thing. What does your car look like?"
You gave him the color and model of your vehicle before ending the call.

Minutes later, you spotted a tow truck approaching with the shop's name on the side. Once parked, a tall man in coveralls hopped out of the truck. Your eyes widened. You expected to see a middle-aged man with salt and pepper hair, not a young man who looked like he should be on the cover of a magazine. Granted, he did have a few dark smudges of car grease and oil on his hands and forearms, but he was breathtaking.

"Hi." He flashed a friendly grin, displaying a set of the most charming dimples.
"Hi." You barely managed to get the greeting out, your eyes focused on the sculpture of a man standing before you.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes. I'm just... surprised at how fast you got here." You lied.
"We pride ourselves on speedy service." He smiled, getting to work right away by grabbing the massive towing hook, attaching it to the bumper of your poor car.
It didn't take long for him to get everything ready and secured.
"We're all set." He announced, dusting off his hands.
"Great."
"Oh. I never got your name." Namjoon mentioned.
"Y/n."
"Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Namjoon." He paused. "I... already told you that over the phone." A nervous chuckle followed after.
"It's okay." You assured him with a smile.
"Of course. Let's head back to the shop and I'll see what the problem is with your car."
Following behind the mechanic, you hopped into his tow truck, sitting down on the soft leather seat and buckling up.
"Do you mind if I play my music?" Namjoon asked while buckling himself.
"Not at all."
He reached over and turned the volume up, a catchy R&B song filling the space in the truck.
"I hope this is alright."
"It's good."

The remainder of the ride was silent and you were thankful the car shop was only a short distance from where you broke down.
Once parked, you hopped out of the tow truck and went to the waiting room where you watched your car get pulled into one of the empty car bays.
Right away, you started to wonder how much this repair would cost or if he could even repair what was broken. You sighed, leaning your head back against the wall behind you and waited.
It wasn't long before a mechanic popped his head into the waiting room and informed you that it would take close to two hours for your car to be fixed up. You responded with a chipper "Okay." but when the man left, you groaned. Two hours.
Oh well. At least your car was fixable.

Pulling out your phone, you decided to play some games to keep yourself busy for the wait time. Every once in a while you looked out at the workers through the large windows in the waiting room, stealing glances at Namjoon while he worked on your car.
He was the most attractive mechanic you had ever seen, even covered in black grime and grease. In fact, it kind of makes him hotter. If your vehicle breaking down meant that you got to see Namjoon, then you hoped your car messed up all the time.

He lifted his head and looked towards the waiting room to which you hurriedly averted your eyes and locked them onto your phone, pretending to be invested in your game. When you looked up again, he was back to working on your car, this time with a smile on his face.
He totally caught you staring.
From that point on, you tried not to look at him anymore, lest you get caught a second time.

Exactly two hours had passed when you heard the door to the waiting room open. Namjoon moved behind the counter and started typing away on the computer.
"Y/n?"
"Yes?" You got to your feet and approached the counter.
"Your car is ready." He flashed a smile, handing you your keys.
"Perfect. How much?" You reached for your wallet.
"Nothing."
His answer made your mouth fall open.
"Nothing?" You parroted.
"Nothing." He confirmed.
"I have to owe you something."
"No charge. I don't mind doing work for free, especially for a girl as pretty as you."
"What?"
"You heard me." He spoke through a cheeky, dimpled grin.
"Ah. Well thank you. That's very kind."
"No problem." He wrote something down before handing a small card to you. "Just give me a call if you have any more car trouble... or whenever you need some company." He winked.
"I'll keep that in mind." You responded with warm cheeks while taking the card from him.

After saying goodbye, you got back into your car and headed home, thankful that it was able to get repaired. Your thoughts kept going back to the oh-so-charming mechanic Namjoon, feeling giddy at the fact that he gave you his number. Maybe when you got home you'd give him a call.

_____________________________________
Changed the auto shop name from Car Doctor to Grinding Gears lol. It was too good to pass up and a much better name for a repair shop tbh

DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.