Jimin ♡ Friendship Bracelet

Published: November 21, 2018
Rewritten: April 24, 2024

Word count: 2,935

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

"I have to tell you something." Jimin spoke up while the both of you sat on your bed listening to music on the radio.
It was early in the afternoon on a Saturday and, like many days, you and your closest friend were spending it together.
"What is it?"
"I've been trying to figure out how to tell you this, so I'm just gonna say it. You and I won't be seeing each other when the semester ends." He spoke somberly.
"What do you mean by that?"
"When we go into high school, we won't be able to go to the same school."
"Oh." Your face fell. "Can we still hang out?"
"We can try, but I'm not sure. I'll be moving so my family can be closer to school."
"If we're not able to see each other, we have to at least call or text."
"Definitely!" He smiled.
The air went silent for a few moments before an idea popped into your head.
"I know this might be stupid, but maybe we could make friendship bracelets. You know, so we'll always remember each other, even when we're apart."
"It's not stupid. I like that idea a lot." He grinned. "It's cute."
"I'll get my supplies."

The both of you sat in your bedroom floor tying colored strings in creative patterns. Once finished, you started tying them on each other's wrists. The one he made for you was purple and black and the one you made was blue and black.

"Maybe if we don't see each other for a long time, we'll have these bracelets. That way if we run into each other, we'll know." You murmured, securing the bracelet around Jimin's wrist.
He smiled down at it, admiring the way it looked on him before he spoke.
"I hope we don't lose contact, but if that ever happens, I'll be looking for a beautiful girl with this bracelet around her wrist."
His words made your heart race.

Jimin had been your best friend for years and your longtime crush. You almost confessed to him that night in fear that you would never see each other again, but you did.
You and Jimin spent time together over summer break as often as possible and when school started, you kept in touch and shared your first day of high school stories with each other. After a while though, Jimin stopped texting as often. He said it was because his parents wanted him to focus on school work so he could get into a good college, which you understood, but you missed your friend.
Eventually you stopped hearing from Jimin permanently.

To this day, you didn't know why he completely cut off contact with you. Though years had passed and you were an adult now, you were still hurt.
Thinking back, you were glad you never confessed to him when you planned to. Who knows what things would be like now.
Despite feeling a bit upset towards Jimin, you still wore the bracelet he made. It still had so much meaning to you and reminded you of good times.