CHAPTER II. the present

♡ || chapter 2. the present

∞ ₒ ˚ 32 BBY ˚ ₒ ∞

∞ ₒ ˚ 32 BBY ˚ ₒ ∞

"Padawan Kell," Master Windu kindly spoke, slowly interfering with my thoughts. He often had a tendency to do that.

I couldn't help but notice I was in something important. I regret my forgetfulness, but it seems that I had unintentionally overlooked the fact that I was present in the Council room. Master Windu, Yoda, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Fisto, Tiin, there are indeed numerous Jedi whose presence fills me with great admiration. Standing in the middle of the room, I felt like I was being criticized by everyone.

"Yes, Master," my voice spoke out as I focused my attention on everyone. "You were saying...?"

"Yes, I was," Master Windu returned, crossing his one leg over the other in his chair. "I was regarding the information presented for you being ready now."

As I observed, the rest of the group engaged in gentle conversations, speaking in hushed tones and exchanging additional details. I found myself slightly perplexed, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. What did he mean by 'I was ready?'

"And what exactly am I ready for?" I politely questioned.

"Trials, you are ready," Master Yoda spoke proudly, his ecstatic face smiling at me. "Skills and techniques Master Windu has taught you, he has. Ready, you are."

I felt a surge of joy within me, but I kept it concealed as I respectfully bowed and expressed gratitude to the Council. To be in a better situation than previously was filling my heart with such pleasure. I had worked hard to get to where I was and yet, even through the tough times I dreaded being under Master Windu's eyes, he still valued me as one who could become strong.

And he was indeed right.

"Thank you, when do they begin?" Despite all that was going on in my head, I managed to sound surprisingly relaxed.

"Soon, but for now, you must go over those practices again as before," Master Windu stated.

And my emotions gently subsided once again. At times, it seemed like he didn't always make me feel good about myself. He mentioned before that he would help me manage my emotions effectively and handle any conflicts that may arise within me. He kindly encouraged me to review it, as I often had doubts about my abilities.

"You may resume back to your duties, young one."

I bowed once again, thanking them all and exiting the Council room.