CHAPTER LVII. important

♢ || chapter 57. important

Anakin, Obi-Wan and I were heading to Oba Diah to go further on the questionable task of Master Sifo-Dyas. It brought a lot of peculiar concerns on what could untie during this travel.

We exited the shuttle and entered inside the palace where the Pyke Syndicates were at. It seems that spice was all over the room as the Echo Sense was patched all over where I managed to trace it from.

"I cannot remember the last time a Jedi came here," Lom Pyke spoke, seemingly out of it in his spice. "Many years it has been."

"Funny you should say that," Obi-Wan sassed. "We're looking for a Jedi that got lost here."

"His name is Sifo-Dyas," I added.

"Oh, the Jedi Sifo-Dyas was here, but that was a long time ago." 

Lom Pyke seemed to stretch this conversation than usual. He might have been toying with our questions for his enjoyment.

"Master Sifo-Dyas' ship was found crashed on a moon orbiting this world," Anakin further continued.

"What you found we know nothing of. Would the Jedi like to join us for a refreshment?"

"The Pykes' offer is kindly accepted," Obi-Wan immediately said as Anakin seemed to refuse by the gesture.

The drinks were given to us as we took them, making my senses pick up something different in this place. It seemed like a person brought familiarity to the certain puzzle the others and I were trying to figure out. The man wasn't in the right state of mind from what I had perceived on the insight.

"To friendship," Lom Pyke toasted.

"Friendship," the others replied back.

Lom Pyke chugged his drink as I spotted the necklace on him, and it immediately clicked.

"What an interesting necklace that is," Obi-Wan caught on. "May I have a look?"

"Perhaps the Pykes have taken enough of the Jedi's time," Lom Pyke wanted this conversation to end.

"Oh no, no. It's no bother at all. The Jedi are happy to know all the Pykes' secrets."

Anakin then used the Force to take the necklace from Low Pyke's neck as he resisted, having a quick turn around of regret.

"We have no quarrel with the Jedi," he spoke.

"Maybe you should tell us why you're wearing the crest of the Chancellor's personal advisor," Anakin growled.

"I'm confused, are we looking for a Jedi Master or someone else?"

"Stop with your games! Sifo-Dyas was traveling with an advisor. They were sent here to negotiate with you."

Lom Pyke laughed it off as he told us that the pieces fit together now and that who we were looking for was here indeed. Maybe his mind was all cooked up onto the spice that he had ingested in his system.

How delightful.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"The Pykes want to take advantage over the other crime families, so alliances were made," Lom Pyke spoke as we walked through the chambers that held many prisoners. "One alliance was with a man named Tyranus."

I stopped and realized too soon whom that was.

"We've... heard of that name before," I discoursed. "It's..."