CHAPTER LXXV. repercussion

★・・・ chapter 75. repercussion・・・★

Polis Macca was the place we contacted with Master Yoda and Bail Organa.

Obi-Wan quickly straddled Padme in his arms as R2 and C-3PO tag along with him, sensing Organa nearby with him aiding our landing better safely.

"We'll take her to the medical center. Quickly!" he informed us as he led us.

I followed slowly after as I held my lightsaber in my hands and seen the bright color shining off it. The crafts that took all the honor to create sure made me feel conflicted on how I seen it now.

We eventually got to the medical center with Padme treated with the additional droids inspecting her as one of them gazed upon my injury.

"Your eye is indeed lost," the droid explained. "Seeing how you were given this wound was lucky since it only grazed over a specific layer instead of the entire eye."

Obi-Wan's look had me concerned by how much he wanted me to stay perfect all the time. I didn't know how to hide this now with this a constant reminder of what we had to do in the past.

I thanked the droid as they left to go see on Padme. She was in a more serious situation than what I had to deal with not too long ago.

Obi-Wan helped me stand as we walked over to Padme's room with his mind still all over.

"Are you all right, Obi-Wan?" I asked my husband.

He looked at me and sighed, not uttering a response. He clearly wasn't having the best kind of motivation to do anything anymore, and he could only stand next to me in sorrow.

My hands connected with his face as I looked at him and smiled a sad expression.

"I know you will be all right," I promised him.

He smiled back sadly with my gentle kiss I placed on him caving his embrace onto me tight as I rested my head on him.

"I'm sorry, dear... I couldn't save every bit of you from what happened," he muttered. "I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay, love," I recognized his apologies. "I'm still who I am. It won't change me inside."

His tears stained his eyes and cheeks as I wiped them away and he acknowledged. There wasn't any other dangers happening to us. Right now, we would keep it all the way it was and not make it worse.

"We still have each other," I told him.

"I still have you," Obi looked at me. "And my daughter. I have everything I asked for after all this."

His mind eased as I sensed it calming down now. He surely was a thinker, and now he didn't want to fight anymore and enjoy his time with the family.

"Let's check on Padme," he told me.

"Okay," I replied as we headed over to where Master Yoda and Bail Organa stood outside from.

After some time, a medical droid came out and told us that she was perfectly healthy and well, but didn't seem to fight back the urge to live.

"We need to operate quickly if we are to save the babies," the medical droid spoke.

I knew it. Twins indeed.

"Babies?" Bail repeated back.

"She is with twins," I assured them.

Obi-Wan smiled as he knew that I knew from the beginning.

Padme still lied restless, not moving at all with Obi-Wan and I wondering on how the twins would be passed after birth.

After some time, Padme was ready to deliver the twins as Obi and I helped her with support as she awoken and felt pain.