CHAPTER XIII. aftermath

♡ || chapter 13. aftermath

Obi-Wan and I were together back in the turret room talking to Master Yoda

Obi-Wan and I were together back in the turret room talking to Master Yoda. Master Yoda appeared deep in thought, contemplating whether to fulfill his promise and train Anakin or find an alternative solution.

"Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Council does," Master Yoda spoke with him walking back and forth. "But agree on you taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not."

"Qui-Gon believed in him. I believe in Qui-Gon," Obi-Wan's voice was normal again, but more softer and I could tell he wasn't his old self at the moment.

"The chosen one, the boy may be. Grave danger, I fear within him." I can sense Master Yoda's worries circling around in the idea of everything. Anakin was someone who could not be ignored with his midi-chlorian count being the highest any Jedi has ever surpassed. We couldn't let this be a simple waste.

I was going to add something, but I stayed silent with my mind looking toward the funeral happening later for Master Qui-Gon. I had only hoped it wouldn't set any future predicaments for us to face sooner rather than later.

"Padawan Kell," Master Yoda called to me.

"Yes?" I look up to him.

"The boy is different, do you agree?"

"He's... different than any other Jedi youngling here. Than anyone else here, I believe. It's within my interest to know Master Qui-Gon spoke of Obi-Wan being the one to teach Anakin."

"I gave Qui-Gon my word, Master Yoda. I will train Anakin," Obi-Wan declared, taking his focus from me to Master Yoda again. "Without the approval of the Council, if I must."

Obi-Wan stood up for himself to honor what Qui-Gon wanted him to carry out. I was genuinely happy to see Obi determined. Master Yoda kept pacing with him caving in with the situation. It was for the best.

"Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you," Master Yoda expressed. "Need that, you do not. Agree, the Council does. Your apprentice, young Skywalker will be."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The atmosphere at Master Qui-Gon's funeral was idyllic and solemn. It must have been painful for others to feel the impact of his absence, but the depth of Obi's own emotions must have been even more profound. The fire that had ignited where his body lay appeared calm, but it was overwhelming for me to witness.

I found myself contemplating the nature of my parents and wondering if they were still alive... I didn't want to jump to conclusions about whether I would ever see them again, but it left me feeling powerless.

Obi-Wan must have been deeply affected by his loss. He lost his own master while I still had mine. In addition, he had the responsibility of instructing Anakin in the ways of the Jedi. I could also see that this presented a more gentle perspective on life, on his own and on everyone around him. Undoubtedly, as Jedi, our top priority is to carry out our responsibilities and serve our purpose, but must it always leave us devoid of emotions? Is it necessary to prioritize others over ourselves and our colleagues, regardless of the depth of our relationships or the time we've spent together?