CHAPTER LII. absolution

♢ || chapter 52. absolution

After the little time I had to flee Coruscant, I managed to steal a shuttle and transport myself over to the one of the deliveries incoming from the Outer Rim.

"This better work," I spoke as I continued hitting buttons to the transmission communication. "Is anyone there?"

"Contact made, identification shipment?" a pilot responded.

I sighed and tried to look for something. 

I wasn't quite familiar on lying, but there must have been some kind of opening.

That's when they started to allow me to come upon board.

"I'm allowed to come aboard?" I questioned them.

"Yes, you will come aboard, Obi-Wan," they spoke as I felt conflicted with them knowing my name suddenly.

Once I got contact with them, I exited the ship with their attention drawn to see me.

"It's a Sith, contact the Republic!" a clone trooper shouted.

 took my saber out, deflecting the shots they placed to where I was. It seemed unnecessary to kill a few troopers instead of someone else important.

My anger started stirring before I used the Force to push everyone back.

A surprise trooper came out to blast me from nowhere. They managed to hit my shoulder somehow.

My temper shot up with my Force choke began working on them.

Suddenly, there was a confliction in me that hit my conscious to stop.

My eyes looked at what I did before I shook my head in myself going paranoid right now. I needed to continue doing my transition.

"Obi-Wan..." the voice came again.

I drew my saber out, panicking on where it was coming from.

"Who's there!?" I demanded as I kept cautious of who was here.

"Me, love."

I stopped and froze. 

Everything around me went black. My emotions went spiraling as I knew it was Jewel trying to conflict with me. 

It could be a trick too since the Force made a lot of questions to even Master Yoda.

That's when my wife appeared, but evil and still with the wounds she inflicted on herself back on Mandalore.

"Jewel... what happened?" I demanded with her position not far from where I was.

She smiled and drew her lightsaber, shining the new red lightsaber she obtained. 

"I'm here to try and really make you see what the Dark side can bring you," she spoke with a sinister smile.

"No... This is not like you! You're not supposed to be Sith!"

Jewel stepped forward as I went back, scared of what methods were being played on me.

"You really want to be Sith now because I'm dead?" she challenged me. "You do know the Force is really tempting you to stay where you are. You are not making smart choices., oh wise one."

I couldn't say anything since she was right. 

I was lashing out all from her death that occurred a few days ago.

"This isn't real, but you are making it appear so," she ridiculed me. "Try and make yourself useful before you end up gone like your wife."

 I controlled the hateful words coming from Jewel before she switched and was about to strike me with her saber. 

I closed my eyes and after a few moments, I reopened them to see myself back on the ship I landed inside.

My eyes saw the troopers still knocked out. I returned on the ship not too long after to rethink what had happened to myself.

The mirror in the restroom in the shuttle caught my reflection as I then went in front of it to see myself. The dull clothes, the eye color difference that was starting to take full effect. The way my other eye was fading blue showed what changes I already did and how dedicated it inflicted in me to switch like this did not make sense.

I glanced at what I had become. This wasn't like me.

This wasn't right; this wasn't the Obi-Wan I knew to be.

I started to remove the clothing off me before I noticed how different time had passed with the empty feeling myself continued pouring onto myself. 

"You are not the Obi-Wan you should be," I told my reflection. "I need to make myself come back."

That's when I stood properly and saw my body with some of the scars that were showing.

I placed my old robes back on and looked back in the reflection and saw the real Obi-Wan. 

Not entirely him. Only the two eyes left.

I smiled and fixed my hair back, seeing that it was messy when I got upset. Jewel would know how much I enjoyed fixing everything to where I liked it perfectly.

"Obi..." Jewel spoke, bring my eyes out the restroom.

She was smiling this time, and still her Sith look.

Not long after, her normal self transformed back and the wounds that were on herself were healed. I could see the real Jewel now before me.

"Obi-Wan..." she said again as she started to cry.

"Jewel..." I went over to her as her ghost continued sobbing.

"You must understand... The Force works in a lot of weird ways, but just know this..."

She looked around as if she was around some spirits, but it was just me and her. I suppose she was securing where she was before she looked at me right in the eye and spoke.

"Sometimes, we tend to believe one thing," she said. "But what if things can become better?"

My eyebrows went up with her seeing herself fade. It felt like she was still alive, but I knew she was only following my thought of picturing her right now.

"I love you," she left before disappearing in front of my eyes.

"I love you, darling..."

I cannot say thank you already for 10K (5/27/20)

It's quite the treat to see this, and now I'm starting to ponder on what shall I do for the reward so quickly than I'd expected.

Possibly that one idea I did mention in the past, but there will be a warning too if it does come so some people may skip it if they please.

It will be something else...

♥︎ Anyways, thank you all so much for reading this book and please continue doing so. I love all the comments on people loving this book, so thank you to those saying and even the endless amounts of numbers people read this. ♥︎

May the Force be with You. :)