CHAPTER LXI. exposition

★・・・ chapter 61. exposition ・・・★

Master Windu, Obi-Wan and I were still on Anaxes and were near the Separatist assembly plant to get an attack started. This was quite the enterprise since it could lead to more attacks transpiring than we may have thought. Obi-Wan surely wanted me to stick behind him for most of the fight since his protectiveness got to the best of him.

As the ships eased over the top of the assembly plant, Master Windu and the rest of us jumped out and landed inside. There was already a line of droids and whatnot present, and it did phase me that this could be easier than I thought.

"My name is General Mace Windu of the Jedi Order," Master Windu spoke as Obi and I were confused as to what he was leading upon. "At this point of the Clone War, I have dismantled and destroyed over 100,000 of you type one battle droids. I'm giving you an opportunity to peacefully lay down your weapons so that you may be reprogrammed to serve a better purpose than spreading the mindless violence and chaos, which you have inflicted upon the galaxy."

I chuckled a little as a droid shouted, "Blast them!"

Obi smiled and spoke, "Well, it was at least worth a try."

I ignited by lightsaber now and started blocking the blasters coming nearby with Obi telling me to make sure I was behind him.

"It's no fun if both of us aren't fighting together," I butted back.

"I'm protecting you and our child," Obi returned. "How could it be not fun?"

"Because you're the prized savior to my cherished dreams?"

"You did fall in love with me first."

"I believe it's the other way around."

That's when the clones descended from the ships and blasted more of the droids down.

My senses picked up as there were numerous droids coming closer than what was here. I took a second look at the crowd and saw the numbers going down, even with Obi making it a little hard to see since he was moving a lot.

"Um, love?" I shouted. "I think it's going to get far worse."

"What do you mean?" Obi blocked a blaster shot as he looked at me.

"I think I know fully of Echo's intentions with this plan. He's going to send the droids here since he can tap into the system, and if does this, then we'll have to manage off the fleet until he can deactivate them."

He seemed far confused as I told him that it's all within the Force.

"Well, if we have to rely on that, then we shall," Obi replied and blocked another blaster nearby.

"Obi-Wan!" Master Windu spoke. "Skywalker just contacted me. He said we've got a lot more droids headed our way."

"That's exactly what I said," I stood up and smiled.

"Well, at least I know Anakin isn't making up crazy accusations than anticipated," Obi-Wan replied. "If I know Anakin, I believe we have the easy part."

We continued on with the droids going down slowly as there was only a few around the circle we managed to get into. I channeled the Force on my grasp against them and tossed them far from where we all were.

That's when I heard the walls chimed with some droids making contact on the metal. 

"It seems that Jewel can manage herself, isn't that right Obi-Wan?" Master Windu uttered to Obi.

"Well, if I know her too, she can always outtake us combined," he replied with a smile.

I shook my head and saw the droid army all gone, for now.