CHAPTER XLV. a new lightsaber

♢ || chapter 45. a new lightsaber

"Master Kell, another journey, you must take," Master Yoda told me. "The Gathering of a group of younglings, you must attend."

I was assigned to go with a group of students obtaining their kyber crystals for lightsaber construction. They all were excited to hear that I would be joining with them. 

"Master Kenobi, guidance, you will take on the journey," Master Yoda added. "And go with Jewel, you shall."

"Of course, Master Yoda," Obi-Wan said with a smile on his face.

"Once you constructed the lightsaber, Jewel, make sure to activate it when we are on the comlink," Master Windu uttered with some eager in his tone. "This is another great step of whom you are."

"Yes, Master," I replied. 

Obi and I left the Council room with the fact that Ilum, the planet of ice and snow to where the younglings would get their kyber crystal, still remained through many years in the galaxy. It was an ancient history all Jedi followed in their paths to become the Keepers of the Peace.

"I remember us getting our crystals when we joined in the Gathering together," Obi-Wan spoke while we walked in the halls.

"It was quite the adventure," I recognized the memory. "I remembered seeing your face every time I turned to look over to you."

He raised his eyebrows in a fancy manner with him planting a kiss on my cheek. He sure had some moves back then.

Ahsoka and the younglings were all gathered on the landing dock. She was informing them about the journey and how serious it was.

"What is the Gathering, Padawan Tano?" a student directed to Ahsoka with Obi and I arriving behind the group of students.

"You will be creating your own lightsabers," I informed them, getting their attention.

They all stared in awe and excitement, seeing that I was coming along the journey too.

"Wait, you're getting your lightsaber made too? I thought you had one?" another student asked me.

"I do, young one," I assured him. "But sometimes, we have to take the journey again and see what the future lies ahead of us."

They all were excited to see how this trip would come out. Ahsoka boarded the ship and instructed everyone to do as followed. Obi and I didn't mind her guiding the rules since she nearly acted as how Anakin would.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Arriving in the windy, snowy planet of Ilum, it brought my thoughts back to when Master Windu had me finally have my lightsaber constructed. Obi-Wan was with the journey too when I was taking the next step in training after the first step being the studies and whatnot. 

Master Windu had a different approach to things than normal.

Ahsoka led all of us through the windy land with approaching the caves within where we'd get our crystals. The younglings were starting to worry with them seeing that it looked like a dead end.

"It's a dead end!" one of the younglings shouted.

"Younglings, outstretch your hand and focus on the Force!" Ahsoka ordered them.

Ahsoka started first with her channeling the energy with Obi and I following along. The younglings eventually gathered their strength and helped too. 

The wall in front of us started to shift downward, leveling the door behind the ginormous symbol that matched the one all of us were standing on. Just like old times.