CHAPTER XXXV. arguments

♢ || chapter 35. arguments

"The Duchess awaits you, General Kenobi," one of the bodyguards on Mandalore told Obi and I. 

I don't know if they had gotten the signal of my presence involved on the matter, but I guess we had to mention that the Council wanted a visual of the matter as well besides only Obi-Wan. 

Or maybe the Duchess wanted only Obi-Wan and no one else for this discussion.

Obi-Wan walked over to the speeder before the bodyguard asked why I was here too. 

"The Jedi Council requires a look for themselves on the subject than just me arriving here," Obi-Wan noted. "She's needed on behalf of the Council."

He allowed it, allowing me to come aboard the speeder with Obi-Wan winking at me with a grin on his face. Clever wording, love.

We took off in the city to where Satine was awaiting Obi-Wan only. She did carried a lot of power here, and I did see in the studies of mine that Mandalore had an intriguing history for their Mandalorians and what has come of them. The place was quite beautiful to see, but I could sense conflict with how many wanted to continue their old habits of how Mandalorians did their work for honor and pride. 

The Duchess wanted peace and tranquility now than the violent past.

"General Kenobi," someone vocalized while Obi and I entered the temple of where the Duchess expected the arrival of Obi.

"Thank you for meeting with me, Prime Minister Almec," Obi-Wan expressed back. "This is Juliana Kell, Jedi Master and a part of the Jedi Council in favor of these affairs."

"It certainly is a pleasure to meet you, Master Kell," Almec greeted me.

"Thank you," I returned, bowing to his gesture.

"I welcome you two as the servant of the people, but I am troubled by the false rumors that brought you here."

We started walking as Almec continued on with Mandalore never turning their back on the Republic. He further acquainted on the Duchess valuing peace more than her own interest as well as Mandalore.

"Oh, I'm aware of the Duchess' views," Obi-Wan noted.

"Master Kenobi, Mandalore's violent past is behind us. All of our warriors were exiled to our moon, Concordia. They died out years ago."

"Hmm, are you certain? Jewel and I recently encountered a man who wore Mandalorian armor, Jango Fett."

"Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter. How he acquired that armor is beyond me."

That's when my senses picked up, and dearly, I glanced to the Duchess appearing with her men surrounding her. No jealousy or anything, but only how she hasn't given up her tainted sentiment for Obi-Wan.

"Well, Master Kenobi, my shining Jedi Knight, to the rescue once again," the Duchess expressed. 

She walked over to her chair as Obi-Wan and I stayed clear of any suspicious acts. Didn't want to make a scene or such for her to be displeased.

"Don't be upset of how I speak, love,"  Obi-Wan thought to me. "I'm just playing along." 

"We'll see how this plays then," I returned in thought before turning my attention to the Duchess.

"After all these years, you're even more impressive than ever," Obi-Wan discoursed to Satine.

"Kind words from a man who accuses me of treachery," Satine barked. "And who is among your side? I didn't specifically ask for two Jedi here."