CHAPTER XXXVIII. arc troopers

♢ || chapter 38. arc troopers

Another mission, another tale. 

I was with Anakin and Obi-Wan on the Jedi cruiser to deal with more Separatist attacks occurring on Kamino. I've noticed that General Grievous was quite swelling to manage right now.

"We are decrypting the audio, sir," a trooper had stated.

The audio came through perfectly now as someone directed some interesting points. 

"The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target." 

The voice matched to whom I thought of.

Asajj Ventress.

"Just make sure you hold up your half of the mission," General Grievous articulated back to her. "We must stop the production of new clones if we are to win this war."

The audio stopped before I glanced back to the others.

"Kamino," Anakin affirmed.

"They're going to attack our home planet," Rex said.

"The Separatists are taking quite the chance even considering this," Obi-Wan said.

"With all due respect, General, if someone comes to our home, they better be carrying a big blaster."

"I concur with Captain Rex, sir," Cody added. "This is personal for us clones."

"We'll make sure Kamino is secure," Anakin told them. "Tell your troopers in the 501st they're going home."

"Yes sir!" Rex said as him and Cody left while I kept to my thoughts.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

Once we landed in Kamino with the rainy weather booming outside, Obi-Wan and the rest of us started exiting the cruiser as Master Shaak Ti and Lama Su greeted us.

"Master Kenobi, Master Skywalker, and Master Kell," Shaak Ti commenced. "Welcome to Kamino."

"Greeting, Generals," Lama Su joined in.

"I wish our arrival wasn't under such circumstances," Obi-Wan replied to the two. "We believe Grievous is planning a Separatist attack on Kamino."

"But the Republic blockade is far too strong," Lama Su returned. "They would not dare."

The thunder boomed as we all entered Tipoca City continuing on our insight of things. My senses weren't detecting things as normal as usual.

Once we arrived in the command center room, the alarms went off as we all saw more ships entered through hyperspace.

"Anakin, we need someone in the air to handle some of the Separatists air forces," Obi-Wan alerted him.

"Got it all under control," he said as he took off, leaving the rest of us in the room. 

The numerous ships that arrived started to get closer to our location. Seemed like Grievous had plenty of intentions of attacking than consultations.

"Show up our defenses," Cody requested.

"The fleet is not as large as I expected," Shaak Ti said. "Begin the air strike."

The troopers started taking place before I noticed that Grievous's transports he was sending were going out awful quick. 

"Quite the eye," I muttered.

"Hmm?" Obi-Wan heard me.

"Grievous seems to be letting those transports take the hit instead of his command ship."