CHAPTER LXII. awareness

★・・・ chapter 62. awareness ・・・★

I was with Obi-Wan now to see any updates upon the pregnancy. My senses were a little weaker than what I had originally since this was stressful to keep as a secret.

"Well, the results are within," the droid revealed.

"And...?" Obi and I said together.

"The baby is due soon. All conditions are well and no negatives came upon the scan."

"How soon are we expecting?" I asked. "Weeks...? A month?"

"Actually, tomorrow."

My eyes widened as Obi and I looked at each other in shock. Already?! 

"Do know that you should not come in activity like you occasionally come across. You shall rest and be excused from having any kind of behavior alongside with missions you are assigned. Lady Kenobi, this is a proud moment for you."

I nodded and Obi interrupted with him not getting any credit to this. I laughed a little inside as he and the droid discussed.

My comlink went off as I asked whom it is.

"Lady Kenobi, it's Anakin," he delivered. "Obi-Wan and I discussed the whole news of what's going on. I know Master Yoda and Master Windu are the others to know of the pregnancy."

"You didn't tell anyone else, did you?" I asked in worry.

"No, only Padme. I told her since Obi-Wan allowed that exception. No one else knows besides Padme, me, Master Yoda, and Master Windu."

"Great, only six people. Let's keep the talks in person than over this."

"Of course. I'll inform you if anyone else finds out," Anakin told me. "Congratulations too, Jewel."

"Thank you, Ani," I replied.

I ended the conversation as Obi and the medical droid still continued on with their talks.

"Well, this might bring a lot of attention," I told myself in thought.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

I was in bed now with Obi-Wan tidying up the room to make it look nicer than before. The Council was informed that I had gotten sick, and Master Windu knew the pregnancy was taking affect on me. He allowed this and Master Yoda also agreed to have me get rest until I feel better. 

"Was there anything you need, love?" Obi asked me.

I shook my head with a smile as I kept breathing a little heavier than usual. The baby surely made me exhausted with how much energy I needed to get to have her, or possibly him, delivered. Even everyone else was questioning what was going on, but the Council only excused the people that I had to meditate and focus on understanding the Force.

It surely sounded really poor for those to believe. They weren't going to tell everyone that now I was pregnant. 

Of course, everyone knew that Obi-Wan and I were married, but it wasn't going to get any more farther than this. The ceremony was beautiful, but I couldn't push anything else to Obi and I leaving the Order.

"Love?" I heard Obi's voice bring me back to reality. "Overthinking again?"

I looked at him and he smiled as he kept his eyes on mine. His gray colors were getting to him a little as I saw his hair and parts of his beard fading.

"A little bit," I clarified. "Just... worried on what everything could bring from this. Plus, your hairs are starting to get gray."

I held his beard as he replied, "Time doesn't stop us. At least we're passing someone our name."

"Did you ever expect us to be where we are?"

"Ever since I saw you when we were Padawans."

He and I couldn't help but laugh when we reminisced everything in the past.

"We should get some rest," Obi told me. "Wouldn't want you to be in any more dire situations than what we currently have."

"You surely care a lot for me. It's almost as if you want me to be happy all the time," I stated.

"That's exactly what I'm doing. Making sure you are well kept and out of harm's manner. I wouldn't want to lose you-"

"Twice," we both spoke.

He and I grinned and kissed as we agreed to never deal with that again.

"You are rather dashing out of us both, though..." I muttered.

"Hmm?" He seemed to heard but tried to play it off.

"You heard me..."

"I couldn't hear what you say with all the angelic music playing as I gaze my eyes upon you."

I turned over and hugged my pillow as I told him goodnight.

"Goodnight, Jewel," Obi kissed my cheek. "Sleep well."

He turned on his side and fell asleep as my thoughts continued on with when this baby could arrive. 

Hopefully not in the wrong time.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

I suddenly awoke in pain as I sat up and felt my stomach go in knots. I couldn't resist the pain as I shook Obi to wake up.

"What is it, love?" He suddenly awoke. "Are you okay?"

"The baby..." I held my stomach as the pain kept mounting.

Obi got out of the bed as it was still night from when I looked. Everything was hurting as I kept a firm grip on my self with the intensity building up.

"All right," Obi was next to me as he tried to pick me up swiftly. "Swing your arm around me, love."

I did so and he held onto me as we left the room with some people out still. I believed they took notice as they were questioning what was going on.

So much for the secret.