CHAPTER XXIII. hand(s)

♥︎ || chapter 23. hand(s)

A blinding light had hit me, awakening me into panic to recognize I was still undergoing this tragic state. I was in the chains within the cage I was set in, but there were different characters amid me rather of Count Dooku and those protectors from Zyggeria.

In fact, my senses could not pick out Count Dooku. This aching headache that I had may have been conflicting my ways of visualizing what's here and what isn't. I didn't get why Queen Miraj had captured me nor take me for her doing, but I assume Jango did his bid on turning me in for the bounty. 

The people holding me set me down, opening the cage and jolting me forward to walk. My legs felt unbalanced, dropping myself to the dirt and managing to breathe with the chains yet on me. I truly must have endured what a slave had to go through, but on a daily basis instead of my position.

The massive gates in front of my view slowly opened, revealing a loud crowd cheering among the gigantic Geonosis arena I witnessed. My name was being called as people echoed their voices to see where I was before I got shoved to walk.

My eyes looked at the television screen paning on me, witnessing the bruises and wounds stuck on me throughout the process. I hadn't looked at myself for some time, and did not realize what a mayhem I had been. At least the other three were here, and I could tell they must have been worried to see me.

"Jewel!" I heard Anakin shout to me while I was placed among the post behind me.

"Dear goodness, what happened to you?!" Padme joined in with her concerned on my behalf.

I looked over at the two next to me with Obi-Wan on my left. I could feel his eyes stinging through the back of my head with him trying to search for me.

"Darling..." Obi-Wan thought to me.

I turned my attention to him for a moment before shakily crying. This pain was gradually taking its time, and now a crowd would go ahead and try to make it a better scenery. They were only savoring the time up until now.

An execution.

That would be all four of us.

"Let the executions begin!" the speakers around the arena boomed with everyone in the crowd growing louder and louder to enjoy the events about to turn.

Count Dooku was here, even Jango Fett and his son among the others in a small box far from where the four of us were placed. Power can do so much for one to obtain it.

That's when the gates were opening again to reveal ginormous creatures set to attack us. I figured this was a good time to make a move, just like how Padme started to consider.

"Take the ones on the left. We'll deal with the right ones!" Obi-Wan calls to Anakin.

"What about Padme?" Anakin yells back.

"She's on top of things."

The Nexu that fixated it's attention on me started to charge at me. I knew the response was only because of the fear sitting in with all of us, but I knew it wouldn't attack if I made a connection with it. My mind would have to go at ease, concentrating on everything the beast's ideal purpose was intending to manifest, but it would cease when I found the right touch.

Everything went silent. I kept my attention to the Nexu as time slowed down, watching it's eyes radiate in its spirit attaching to me. Echoes boomed outside of the Force, regaining it's speed of reality before it slowed down and questioned my stance and stood proper in front of me.

Suddenly, my senses picked up Master Windu coming from above with other Jedi and clones there to aid the current events. The Nexu noticing my chains above me as they unattached them from the post behind me. My smile rosed before I aided Obi-Wan and the others with the beast running off from the sudden blaster shots going through the arena.

Once the others were free, I saw Master Windu already striking toward Count Dooku, who had my lightsaber on his waist. I caught the right moment to pull it back to me, activating it and saw the droids emerging all around us.

Obi-Wan and Anakin were fighting the numerous clutters around us, including myself to strike at each droid coming near me. My frustration started to loosen, and I knew it would be a good start to regain my energy to use another special technique. Clones were aiding our support too with the few Jedi within the Geonosis field. 

I stopped where I was and sensed a blaster shot coming at me before I grasped it with the Force. My thoughts trailed over to the other people around me to reach out to them before getting struck, and I collected them near where my position was to strike a deadly blow to the army. My connection grew bigger with each droid here tapping in my hold, making this trick surely affect me when I timed it right.

My hands reached outward, seizing more and more with the surging pain I felt continue worse. Other Jedi witnessed my motive with Obi-Wan's fear setting in with what I was about to set. Master Windu pitched in to what I was doing with him nodding to me.

A loud cry echoed in the field, coming from my voice as I let go of the Force hold to push back a great amount. The shots managed to hit everyone that was against us, and everyone that helped were unharmed. Good riddance.

That's when my body started to shut down, sensing myself about to collapse on the ground. It was as if I had a shutdown reaction with how much I placed the push out along with the wounds I still maintained.

I felt hands catch me before I landed on the desert. Familiar hands lifted me up, bringing my focus to see Obi-Wan. 

I'd never thought I'd be so happy to see someone like him again.

"My love..." he thought to me with him beaming a few tears trickling down his face.

Everyone cheered among the crowd with Obi-Wan helping me stand while Master Windu approached us. He certainly had raised eyebrows in shock from my technique placed on the field.

"I have never saw any Jedi do something like that," he expressed. "You truly are remarkable, Jewel."

"I've learned from the best," I answered. "Thank you, Master."

He bowed with more ships swooping down and picking us all back. This surely wasn't the end of things.

It was just starting.