CHAPTER XXVII. fighting

♢ || chapter 27. fighting

"That shield is certainly putting a crimp in my day," Obi-Wan sassed while looking through the binoculars. 

The cannons behind us had started shooting to the protection shield coming closer to our area of holding off. The droid army was swarming faster than we anticipated. 

"It's no use, sir! Even at full power the cannon doesn't affect it," Rex delivered.

"All right, Rex. It was worth a try. Tell the men to fall back!"

The clones retreated while Obi and I headed up to one of the towers to get a better look. This certainly put a hold to things every second ticking by.

My senses came together to see the tanks were the firsthand to eliminate. No way of wanting violence continue filling the stage rather than destroying them and causing a chain reaction to the others around it.

"We'll have to focus on a few things," I announced. "Allow me."

I Force jumped from the tower onto the ground, creating a pushback to the few droids in front of me when I collided back on their level. Few reacted quite scared before they shooting at me.

Some blasters shots appeared from behind me too, nearly throwing me off before Obi-Wan appeared and placed his back on mine, deflecting the shots arising on us.

"You really should warn me when you go like that," he shouted to me.

"It's always fun when it's in high sight, isn't it?" I answered.

Once the droids were falling down in numbers, the clone troopers continued getting their belongings and head back to the last point of our protection. Obi and I took this time to rejoin with Rex and get the situation controlled.

"They're right behind us, sir! They took down most of our unit. We had to get out of there," Rex said before an explosion came nearby to the towers.

"That shield has almost reached the heavy cannons," Obi-Wan stated.

"We're not going to be able to take them out, sir!"

"Move your troops to the heavy cannons," I stated. "You all know how to handle them."

"But-"

"That's an order, Captain!" Obi finished for me.

Surprisingly, I didn't think Obi would do that. Makes him more pleasant to look at.

Rex fled the scenes with the remaining numbers trying to fight back while Obi and I got out of cover and "surrendered". This was just for the show.

As the droids surrounded us, Obi-Wan and I tossed our lightsabers on the ground and awaited for whomever to come out from the ship still functioning throughout this dispute.

General Whorm Loathsom, whom I believed his name was, came out from one of the ships and immediately recognized us. 

"You two must the infamous General's Kenobi and Kell," his voice outspoken in the middle of the field.

"We surrender," Obi announced while two droids took the lightsabers on the ground.

"Now, Master Kenobi, order your troops and your Jedi to stand down," Loathsom lectured while Obi started Force lifting a few rocks nearby to put as a table.

My eyes looked at Obi as he smiled throughout the movement. 

"I know what to do."

"General, have a seat," Obi addressed.